New Car :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sour grapes.

Enjoy it. 450bhp, its really a dream machine at a family car price.

Comment

What's it like on fuel?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful car! Congratulations!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, its not bad on fuel at around 22mpg mixed, sensible driving, I use the cruise control a lot, 30, 50 average and somewhere in the region of the flow of traffic speed on motorways :-) - if I remember right, my B6 S4 was averaging 24mpg under same conditions and that was a 4.2 so all in quite nice, I played around a little in Milton Keynes earlier (testing the V10 soundtrack as you do) and I was 4.6mpg on the consumption computer.

The car is very Jekyll & Hyde, if you want to pootle she will happily oblige and find 6th as soon as possible, even from 30mph in 6th she accelerates quickly, but if you drop it into dynamic suspension, set to spot and play with the paddles she will run to 7,200 rpm in record time and won't force up a gear till you tell it to.

Comfort is superb, little things like the soft close doors, electric boot, auto lights with corner lighting and sensor windscreen are welcome toys, the B&O is just stunning, I got distracted by Film 4 in surround mode when waiting for the wife earlier, its just a sublime machine.

I've booked her in for the 60,000K service at Audi Northampton (to keep the warranty going) and its £399 inlacing all new spark plugs, thats surprisingly affordable

Comment

That is affordable!! And ignore the person with the negative comment its a superb car

Comment

Stunning motor! Well done and enjoy your new toy!

Comment

nice car!

you will have to change your nickname now
                S2 limo

Comment

90 litres of fuel killed in 3 days... ooop! best I think a little about where I need to go first and how quickly I need to get there...

Comment

Bet it was fun though?!
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

it is a lot of fun, the noise when you want it is addictive, when you don't its very sedate. I had to overtake a truck today because it was going way too slow, but when I pulled out I realised there was a few cars in front slowing the truck down, so I overtook all 5 of them in record time.

Thats when the v10 is amazing, I didn't even drop into sport mode, just paddled it, I can see how the 0-60 isn't mega impressive due to the weight, but in the real world where you are likely to be already moving, its a rocket ship, i've started to develop a megalomanic dr evil type laugh already

Comment

The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

You laugh and talk to yourself then look to see if anyone is watching you!

Comment

Superb Lee, glad you took the plunge, looking forward to seeing this in the aluminium!

Edit - time for a user name update!
                            Last edited by Ian_C; 28 January 2016, 22:57.
                            B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Very nice car, I remember you mentioning you were looking to get a new car soon.
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

yeah, the time was right and the right car at the right price came up, it was the history and work carried out plus the B&O sealed it, its like a giant, roided up S4 with manners when you need them

Comment

Working...
                                X