After the massive boost leak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    There aren't any that i'm aware of Janis.But there will be later in the year!

It's stock as far as i know, it just pulls with a big fat boost from low down building hard and progressive from 2.5 k rpm's and instant enough maybe not a good as Volvo instant but still nice all the same. I drove Richards old S6 avant you know the one with the number plate URS 620V that was prj chipped felt very laggy but then interstellar warp speed kicked in,mines not like that. I would say a well maintained looked after one is still a very nice ride. Yeah i'm going Volvo route just need to get my head back from JP

I'll keep my eyes peeled

You can't expect lag free driving from 90's cars, but I like turbolag I can hear turbo spool up and I know I'll take off soon, it's part of the character
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Warp Drive has been reinstated! She's going better than ever now.Must have had a small leak before.

Jeez these cars are awesome!!

From how the hose was perished I suspect there'd been a small leak leak for sometime, just the split had gotten big enough on the run to create real problems.

Anyway, glad to hear it's sorted now so you can get back to enjoying the car properly.

Once you get that K24 7400 fitted and running on some decent software it'll be a dam sight faster again!

I've just picked up a Porcshe 944 Turbo S K26 with an 8# hot-side to mate with the K27 Sport quattro cold side I have, that's going to be wild especially in a 1350kG car with nitrous thrown into the mix
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
        From how the hose was perished I suspect there'd been a small leak leak for sometime, just the split had gotten big enough on the run to create real problems.

Anyway, glad to hear it's sorted now so you can get back to enjoying the car properly.

Once you get that K24 7400 fitted and running on some decent software it'll be a dam sight faster again!

I've just picked up a Porcshe 944 Turbo S K26 with an 8# hot-side to mate with the K27 Sport quattro cold side I have, that's going to be wild especially in a 1350kG car with nitrous thrown into the mix

Kit i'm very happy, .. .. .. ..that drive back from North Yorkshire did worry me, although i was ultra careful stopping and making sure no fuel was getting in the oil. There's a noticeable difference in that it just pulls hard with no extra momentum on the gas pedal,so as we think their must have been some sort of leak.

You did well to find the 944 Turbo S K26 with an 8# hot-side, That set up you mentioned sounds a bit special. Is it plug and play and what hp you expecting? I'm using the Porsche 944 Turbo S just not sure if it's a no 8 hot side can't remember? I did some research and would it be true if i understood right that the K27 Sport quattro cold side spools quicker with less lag than the RS2 turbo? If i understood right i like your thinking.

Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 28 May 2016, 02:00. Reason: after a little research and picture
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
          That's kinda what I was getting at
          There's a bunch o' bell ends out there that polish the fook out of them and keep them all day every day in a fooking garage.
          Ok, I admit I do polish the crap out my CQ('cause it's worth it!).......but it's ready for action all year round.

Life's too short.

Why the would anyone do that?
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've done a bit of research over the past couple of days and Andy10V has also given me some useful pointers as well as sort me out with a strengthened bottom end. The K26's with a #8 hot-side are fairly rare, they were only fitted to the last of the 944's (944 Turbo S (951S) between 1988-91) all the other turbo models used the #6 hot-side and that's what you need to mate with a Volvo K24 7400, the #8 hot-side is too large. You can check what you have by having a look in the hot-side inlet, it'll either be stamped with a 6 or an 8.

A K26 #8 hot-side combined with SQ K27 comp wheel should produce 450 BHP and is all plug and play other than having to bend the oil/water lines to clear the cold side housing, it's pretty big. As far as lag goes it won't spool as fast as an RS2 turbo but should come onto boost around 3.5K. I won't know for sure until it's all put together and mapped, but I don't mind a bit of lag, just means changing gear more, and in a lightened car like mine it's not so much of an issue.

I got lucky with the K27 hybrid, it wasn't expensive though is currently fitted with a #6 hot-side, when I showed Will @ VRS he identified the comp wheel and told me it would only do about 390 bhp in it's current form, so not much to gain over my current RS2 spec and certainly not worth the hassle. However once fitted with an 8# hot-side it'll do a fair whack more so I started hunting, as you can imagine there's something of a power struggle going on between me and Charlie and while I don't have his budget I can do nearly everything myself.

Plus I'd like the K24 7200 currently fitted to my S2 on the shelf giving me the option of putting my RS2 back to stock should I want to.

Anyway mate major thread drift going on here!!!

As I said before, your car will be a whole lot quicker again once upgraded, the difference in performance over a standard (or even chipped) S2/URS4/6 is quite pronounced!
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

As you can imagine there's something of a power struggle going on between me and Charlie and while I don't have his budget I can do nearly everything myself.

Anyway mate major thread drift going on here!!!

As I said before, your car will be a whole lot quicker again once upgraded, the difference in performance over a standard (or even chipped) S2/URS4/6 is quite pronounced!

Thanks for the info Kit always ready to listen and learn and i'm looking forward my mods. I'm sure mine is the Porsche 944 no 6 Kit now you mention it.It all came from the very reliable and trusted in my book Andy 10V.

I highlighted this part of your answer as it cracked me up "There's something of a power struggle going on between me and Charlie" Superb stuff!

And the other bit about major thread drift. Oh yeah we love thread drift bring it on!
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Thanks for the info Kit always ready to listen and learn
                Kit, Andy, URS4Boy, to name a few...... what they don't know about these cars' is probably not worth knowing.

Comment

Glad to hear she is going well again.

Yes your Volvo k24 7400 turbo has a Porsche 944 k26/6 hotside
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

...as you can imagine there's something of a power struggle going on between me and Charlie and while I don't have his budget I can do nearly everything myself.
                    Indeed, Kit's car will deserve more credit as he's putting it all together through his own formidable engineering talent whilst I have to drive 150 miles to Northampton and throw money at Will, something that's gotten totally out of control. And even then I have Kit in my corner helping me out with stuff, so he deserves even more credit for not sabotaging my cars.

Glad you enjoyed driving my blue car the other day Kit, good to have it being driven. I'm not that keen on driving on the wrong side of the road despite 4 years driving in foreign countries, I guess all those years driving your LHD Corrados has left you with a better feel for them.

Incidentally, can I borrow your hot air gun, the rear badge needs replacing...

Done the front already:
                    RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                    RS2 - LHD on the road again
                    RS2 - reduced to component parts
                    RS2 Saloon replica
                    A4 1.8T
                    BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                    sigpic

Comment

Love it some nice thread drift!

Cars looking very good Charlie!
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                        Glad to hear she is going well again.

Yes your Volvo k24 7400 turbo has a Porsche 944 k26/6 hotside
                        Thanks mate!!
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
                          Done the front already:
                          Looks good with a new badge. You might want to consider lowering it down a tad to factory spec though.

Attached Files
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I simply put it in the exact same place the old one came off. This is clearly unacceptable and will be remedied at the first opportunity.
                            RS2 Saloon replica
                            A4 1.8T
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
                              I simply put it in the exact same place the old one came off. This is clearly unacceptable and will be remedied at the first opportunity.
                              Your RS2. You can put that badge anywhere you want.

But if you wanted further guidance regarding the official badge location you could refer to this Audi RS2 press package photo below (or not, your choice).

I am not an RS2 expert and the local RS2 to me is hidden away. I know more about the C4 UrSs and their badge locations http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/18657.phtml. But I do have RS2 info to refer to such as this:

Attached Files
                              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                                Your RS2. You can put that badge anywhere you want.
                                Anywhere I want huh??? Hmmm, so I can put it here?:

...can I do this?:

Perhaps on reflection I'll follow the placing on the image you provided. This is as best as I am able to position it:

Thank you for your input.
                                RS2 Saloon replica
                                A4 1.8T
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X