After the massive boost leak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Made this thread all the more interesting.

924 views and counting.
    I almost bought a 924 many moons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
      I almost bought a 924 many moons ago.
      Ok, .. .. .. .. .. so why didn't you? I'll let you into a secret i wish i had bought a 944 S2 Turbo about 6 years ago when the good ones were only £5k.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

No disrespect to any RS2 owners.

I think i would have this 968, at £20k a better handler than the RS2.The 944 which it's based upon is widely regarded as one the the very best handlers out there. It's a toss up between this and the £35k noggy blue RS2 for sale in the for sale threads. Erm that's an easy choice despite me loving the superb B4 interior.
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
          Ok, .. .. .. .. .. so why didn't you?
          It wasn't the cleanest and I had a mint Manta Exclusive. It was some sort of limited edition, it had a turbo and body kit?

Comment

Just think John .. .. .. .. it was fate that made you buy Audis instead.Can you imagine your life without me and craig and the rest of the gang in it!

Second thoughts don't answer that.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
              Never could get to grips with mixing, listening to two tunes at the same time and having to work out which one was going faster/slower just fried my brain!

What's he done to his wheel? Is it bad?
              He hit a rock in the middle of the road, took and chunck out of his NSF wheel and had to deal with instant tyre deflation, so considering he's only been driving six months he did well not to bin it. It's being dealt with by his insurance so it's only cost him £100, but he's got no car until Wednesday at the earliest so no doubt I'll be called on to run him about.

Mixing, like driving a left hooker is a bit like riding a bike, once you get it you don't really forget, though it takes a bit of getting to grips with initially. I didn't have any decks for ten years before picking up my 1200's last year for nostalgic reasons and felt at home as soon as I got two records spinning. I spent hours showing Ross how to do it when I was still learning back in 1993 and we both learned the finer points ourselves and played at some pretty big events. You could do it, though it would take practice and patience. One thing in our favor is we can both mix anything with anything as long as it's in key. Hell I've even mixed 'Stayin Alive' from Saturday Night Fever half time with 200BHP gabber live at a fee party.

Anyway......

I've driven a 944 turbo but not the 'S' version, one of the guys I use to work for in the trade had a tatty one he got for next to nothing and we used it as a general work hack. I was always delighted to get an excuse to use the car for picking up customers etc, went well and the handling was excellent despite the car obviously having a hard life. Trying to find a good one now for sane money is nigh on impossible, five years ago would have been the time to buy.

Anyway sorry for the major thread drift Mark!
              Last edited by K Simmonds; 30 May 2016, 23:08.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I think we need to rename this thread as organic's the way to go! "The anything goes thread"

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                Hell I've even mixed 'Stayin Alive' from Saturday Night Fever half time with 200BHP gabber live at a fee party.

https://youtu.be/YxvBPH4sArQ

If they say there's only a few tracks to take with you on a desert island it would be this one with the rest of the Album and some early Michael jackson,early Electro funk/jazz funk!
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X