My URS6 Plus Speck Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL.

There are photos of it on the forum already taken in a park.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
      LOL.

There are photos of it on the forum already taken in a park.

Tease.

Do you have a link?

Comment

Guys,i'm a little bit confused about HP2 brakes options. My car has the standard S6 314mm discs and cast iron callipers.Question, will the HP2 callipers from the S8 D2 fit plug and play or are there modifications needed to make them fit? I'm wondering if the carriers are the same? Thanks in advance.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
          Guys,i'm a little bit confused about HP2 brakes options. My car has the standard S6 314mm discs and cast iron callipers.Question, will the HP2 callipers from the S8 D2 fit plug and play or are there modifications needed to make them fit? I'm wondering if the carriers are the same? Thanks in advance.
          The D2 S8, e.g. 1996 S8, uses 4D0615107A/108A front calipers. My friend Kate says that it is unique to the D2 chassis. Ditto the 4D0698151E pads (unique to the D2 A8/S8).

In contrast the 441615301AA 314 x 30 D2 A8/S8 rotor was also the Euro UrS4s' (after the UFOs) and UrS6s' rotor. So some commonality.

The C4 HP2 caliper was 4A0615107/108 (4A0 = C4 instead AD0 = D2), and no "A". Unique to the UrS4s and UrS6s.

I am only guessing but I imagine that the main difference is 100% alloy vs 50% alloy = weight savings. (Remember the D2 was all about Aluminium and weight savings).

The D2 A8/S8 4D0615107A/108A caliper (seems to be all alloy):

The C4 4A0615107/108 HP2 caliper that was on the Euro UrS4s (after the UFO) and UrS6s (seems to be half cast iron/half alloy):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

I am only guessing but I imagine that the main difference is 100% alloy vs 50% alloy = weight savings. (Remember the D2 was all about Aluminium and weight savings).

The D2 A8/S8 4D0615107A/108A caliper (seems to be all alloy):
            I wasn't aware that S6 HP2 callipers were 50/50? Anyway .. .. .. .. I get all the A8 weight saving thing and that's the reason why this question has been asked. If the A8 HP2's are 100% aluminium will they fit the S6 strut plug and play? Or is it that the carriers are different?

According to your post early S8's had the same 314 mm x 30 mm discs as S6 discs all good stuff.What about S8's that had the 323mm disc,are they a different HP2 caliper again or the same?
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              I wasn't aware that S6 HP2 callipers were 50/50? Anyway .. .. .. ..
              According to your post early S8's had the same 314 mm x 30 mm discs as S6 discs all good stuff.What about S8's that had the 323mm disc,are they a different HP2 caliper again or the same?
              Maybe I'm wrong on the 50/50 thing. Might be 100% cast for the UrS4/UrS6 HP2 calipers (and 50/50 for the later B5 S4 HP2 calipers).

The D2s with the 4D0615301J 323 x 30 mm rotors used a different caliper, the 4D0615107B/108B which were unique to the AHC and AKH engined D2s.

Photo of said caliper from Audi Tradition:

Sorry I can't answer the fitment question. No experience personal or local.

Comment

You have so nice car, like new
                1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  Sorry I can't answer the fitment question. No experience personal or local.

No worries Dave thanks all the same for some great info.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Urs6

Hi I have an S6 1997 for sale soon, I am just doing a cambelt on it.

Its got 107k genuine miles on it. 2 owners from new.

Jon
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by twiggs396 View Post

Hi, I have an S6 1997 for sale soon, I am just doing a cambelt on it.

Its got 107k genuine miles on it. 2 owners from new.

Jon

A stunner !

Comment

I have no idea on the value. I saw one on ebay last month in blue for 10K

Comment

Your car looks a beauty ,Volcano black or solid black? Price? Cars that come with some nice options are more desirable and will be worth more as time goes buy.

That Noggy blue saloon was bought just over a year ago by the dealer for £3,500. Asking £10k is a silly price confirmed by all the laughs we've had about it. It's probably worth £5k.Sitting for over a year not selling tells you that. His premium is based on there being no other noggy blue (the best colour) saloons out there.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Hi,
                            It's solid black. The interior is mint and it has really low mileage. It has the electric leather suede seats and i believe some of the S6 plus extras. Same owner since 1999.

There are literally none for sale anywhere it seems so its hard to know what my car is worth.

Jon

Comment

Late Run 1997 UK UrS6 features

It has the electric leather suede seats and i believe some of the S6 plus extras.
                              The last run of 1997 UrS6s, at least in Britain, got a lot of the S6Plus spec cosmetics, i.e. wheels, interior trim including carbon fibre bits, alcantara inserts and black chrome door pulls, shift knob, etc.

Comment

Hi,
                                It's solid black. The interior is mint and it has really low mileage. It has the electric leather suede seats and i believe some of the S6 plus extras. Same owner since 1999.

There are literally none for sale anywhere it seems so its hard to know what my car is worth.

Jon
                                There are a few about and come up each year.I have pm'd you.
                                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X