No announcement yet.

My URS6 Plus Speck Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh yes it does have some bit like the carbon trim, the black handles and the wheels.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by twiggs396 View Post
      ahh yes it does have some bit like the carbon trim, the black handles and the wheels.

Jon
      What you have there is a standard Plus speck car that came out between 96-97.It appears you have electric seats as an extra that's it.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Onwards and upwards.

Things are starting to move on somewhat in the life of P926 PRJ.

I read another thread the other night where the OP had to save for ages and that's the case with me too unfortunately but that won't put me off or indeed make me spend less,as only the best for this car will do as much as is possible.

Pictured below is my very low mileage 7A head that i needed converting to 20V turbo AAN spec.I'm doing it this way so i can keep the car on the road whilst this one was being built up ready for the swap when it eventually happens. So it was dropped of 2 months ago at JP's workshop after an initial discussion as to what spec i wanted from the head and advice given. It's taken this long due to JP's workload and for the fact we couldn't find Audi sodium filled Exhaust valves anywhere.The last price from Audi back in Nov 2014 was £27 each and we needed 10 and............ you've guessed it NLA! The hunt was on for at least the same quality if not better as i want to maintain this build to be as good as, if not better than what Audi intended. JP recommends Supertech Inconel valves, so after feelers were put out, these came from a tuning firm in Europe for a better price than could be obtained from the US where they are originally made.

Crack free 7A head ready for conversion.

Below .... head now port matched and flowed.

Supertech Inconel exhaust valves to go with the heads new Phosphor Bronze valve guides

All valves Swirl polished, the Inconel ones come that way as standard and are a better design than the Audi ones.

Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 2 July 2016, 12:15. Reason: pictures needed reinstalling.
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I like the swirl on those valves, looks kinda sexy in a mechanical way.

JP's head work is renowned for being top notch so I'm sure that'll be a worthwhile investment, I'm adamant the Nothelle head currently on my S2 helps the RS2 turbo spool up quicker, I have one bar by 2000 rpm and two bar by at 3K.

With the Volvo K24 7400 you should gain great power delivery with virtually instant boost, much like a chipped K24 only with a good bit more up top.

I've lost track of what people are getting out of the Volvo unit BHP wise, I know it's not the most important thing in the world but what sort of top end power are you hoping for? I'm guessing about 360 at the crank, what will be interesting is to see what sort of torque curve you end up with....

Keep the updates coming.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Just for you Kit, .....Actually i secretly think the same.

Thanks mate.I'm hoping for around 350 - 360 crank but that's based on what others have achieved inc PRJ. Who knows what figure ill end up with but one things for sure just by using top quality oil alone like Fuch Titan pro or the Millers Nanotech oil, gains in hp are available and with the amount of careful flowing thats been done here you would expect, if not higher than 350 crank,it will be a super nice performing group of items assembled here.I'm expecting a quick car with boost coming on stream early with no lag whatsoever and pulling hard until it runs out of puff.
            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 2 July 2016, 11:20. Reason: reinstall photo which went missing.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Cheers Mark.

Yeah, max BHP isn't the be all and end all, anyway 350 is a respectable enough output, the bottom end and midrange performance should be great and it'll be totally reliable.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

More pics of the flowing please

Comment

I got lucky with this below as it's JP's specially flowed AAN IM which flowed 575bhp on the dyno,not that my set up will need it but just goes to show how good these original IM's are when flowed.

These AAN water manifolds are getting difficult to find in an uncorroded condition where the water hoses attach so very pleased i managed to find this one.

Group buy Wagner/Cartec EVO RS Sport exhaust manifold with collector box/floor and casting optimised by JP.

Now i just need to buy some new studs for the head buy new injectors, get the Volvo K24 - 7400 turbo and the Porsch k26/6 hotside flowed by JP so i can put this lot together ready for the swap later ........ In the mean time if the weather stops emptying the skies on us down here i might be able to get on with the suspension.
                  Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 24 June 2016, 21:42.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Nice clean bits, and really nice machine work there. Too bad it's just for baby power.

BTW, I bought the same ex-valves.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                      Nice clean bits, and really nice machine work there. Too bad it's just for baby power.

BTW, I bought the same ex-valves.
                      Just the kind of power and the way it delivers to embarrass an RS2.

Good stuff on the valves. Oh..... and thanks for that website.
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Nice work, you'll certainly be well pleased when you've finished.

Making a great car fantastic.

Enjoying the information and the photos in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                          Nice work, you'll certainly be well pleased when you've finished.

Making a great car fantastic.

Enjoying the information and the photos in the thread.

Glad you like it Mac, i'll keep trying, although it's no hardship on my behalf.

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Need new rear callipers.

I haven't been using the car for the last 4 weeks due to a sticky O/S rear calliper resulting in a nice hot wheel and burn't pads. Finally found the time to have a look yesterday and the handbrake cable is free and working fine plus the carrier pins are in perfect shape and so it must be a sticky calliper piston.Rather than try and refurb it i'm thinking just buy new reconditioned and might as well do both sides while i'm at it.

Question, .. .. .. .. Where's the best place for price and good reputation to buy new callipers guys??

Can any of you recommend this place or have any experience of them? Best part store co.uk.

https://cdn.autoteilexxl.de/thumb?id=1164469&lng=en

I'm staying standard for now unless anyone can point me in the right direction for the alloy S8 version. Your thought's appreciated guys.
                            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 7 August 2016, 17:59.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Mark.
                              Just in case, crack off the bleed nipple in case the flex hose has collapsed internally.....you never know, easier to source/replace too!

More likely the caliper/piston though.

Liking the head and fancy bits

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                                Mark.
                                Just in case, crack off the bleed nipple in case the flex hose has collapsed internally.....you never know, easier to source/replace too!

More likely the caliper/piston though.

Liking the head and fancy bits

Cheers me old China.

The cars got Goodrich steel braided flexi hoses on. Do you think these would be as susceptible to that condition?
                                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X