No announcement yet.

Scratched my RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Rustynut's S2 saloon off him and convert it. Only genuine the one in the UK!!!
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      ......and how many pies they have left

.........and whether anyone will find that dead hooker by the A43

I hacked those parts off for you mate, was in kinda of a hurry and ended up doing it in the dark so put the grinder straight down the inner wing and though the chassis leg. Plus Charlie is pretty set on building an RS2 saloon to his specific spec and will most like need the engine/radiator mounts as I expect we'll be starting with a V6 given I've only ever seen one five pot B4.

I'll separate the bit's you want over the weekend.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty View Post
        Buy Rustynut's S2 saloon off him and convert it. Only genuine the one in the UK!!!
        Assuming Rustynut would sell it (god knows what it's worth!) wouldn't it be kinda of a pity to modify it to such an extent, after all it's unique? Though I guess it wouldn't involve anything irreversible.

I've had a bit of chat with Charlie about it and he's set on doing one in Ragusa partly in memory of his dead car plus it's an awesome colour. He's got plenty of spare time and would like a full on project to get into so he can learn how these cars are put together, he's picked up a fair amount from me already and has the aptitude for such an undertaking with a bit of guidance.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
          YES!!!
          Sorry

Comment

Yep, has to be done I reckon, in the name of all that is Holy. I'm talking find a shell, acid dip it, galvanize it, the works, the ultimate RS2 Saloon
            Can't wait to watch this thread

Comment

• RS2 saloon sounds like the best outcome from this.

Need to keep Kit busy anyway, wouldnt want him getting bored
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Did you drill out the rivets on the Chassis plate and keep it?

In here they need the VIN from the firewall only, so i have kept the factory plate when possible.

Comment

• Amazing thanks Kit, I know you've had a lot on your plate
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

These guys don't understand, just another job to them...

This guy has no idea what he's just loaded onto his pick-up, I could punch him...
                    In their defence one crushed up pile of metal will look very much like any another crushed up pile of metal after a while

Comment

• so sad
                      Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                      Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                      Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                        Did you drill out the rivets on the Chassis plate and keep it?

In here they need the VIN from the firewall only, so i have kept the factory plate when possible.
                        We did consider doing that but the insurance company might have objected so we decided not to risk it.

It would have made a nice memento....

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                          We did consider doing that but the insurance company might have objected so we decided not to risk it. It would have made a nice memento....
                          I bet they didn't even know about that plate and would not have cared if you wanted to remove it "for old times sake". All you had to do was ask them. Opportunity lost.

Too bad.
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            I bet they didn't even know about that plate and would not have cared if you wanted to remove it "for old times sake". All you had to do was ask them. Opportunity lost.

Too bad.
                            I see your point Dave, and it's a pity it gone, however....

Charlie had to fight tooth and nail just to get the salvage back and his insurance company were very specfic in stating that whoever they use to destory cars had to have shell back in order to destroy the VIN to ensure it couldn't be used again for ringing or any other sort of illegal activity. They insited on having the shell back and desposing of the car themseleves. Being in the trade myself as well as other people I know could have had it crushed and gotten the relevant certificate of destruction but apprently this wouldn't do.

They 'might' have let him keep the VIN plate but trying to explian the circumstaces to his company would have been a complete nightmare and I suspect they would have said no.

We only thought about it two days before the car was due to be collected and as the poor guy had already spent hours, if not days, dealing with his insurers by phone as well as extensivly by email he couldn't face yet more hassle on what would likely be a fruitless endevour.

We certainly didn't want to risk removing it without clearance and endangering his payout.

Dealing with UK insurance companys is a complete nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                              I see your point Dave, and it's a pity it gone, however..

We only thought about it two days before the car was due to be collected
                              Hmm....I suggested removing the ARGE plate in Post 42 , page 3 of this thread.

Real Pity.
                              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• I can't believe they let you keep the salvage on it TBH - I assumed you'd not going through insurance and decided to strip it instead.
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X