No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Quattro 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of elctrical OEM fixes there. Going to put the reinforcement bars in my B3 doors aswell. The small plates where only mounted in the front doors on one side when I took them from the damaged RS2
    1967 fiat 500 future project
    1976 audi 100 coupe S
    1989 vw corrado 16V
    1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
    1994 audi RS2 project
    1994 audi RS2 parts car
    1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

Bought an Audi 90 from auction.
      Needs some work

FWD 2.0 I5 85kW
      I like the five cylinder sound.

Recorded milage is like flatlined heartbeat

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Rear brake calipers are busted on the 90. So bought a brake caliper donor right in front of the scrapyard gate
        Looks like crap, but engine and brakes are working.
        Almost no options, only sunroof and original rear window roller sunblind.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

I like the 5 cylinder sound so much, decided to fit one to my B3 80
          2.3 10V NG, engine and radiator mounts from donor car.
          Donor car was 3 speed automatic from factory, hence the weird downpipe.
          Was converted to manual with C3 gearbox and custom gear linkage. Probably the flywheel and clutch are also from C3.

Does the B3 Quattro gearbox fit to this flywheel/clutch setup?

Last edited by M2ki; 4 May 2017, 22:15.
          1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
            Was converted to manual with C3 gearbox and custom gear linkage. Probably the flywheel and clutch are also from C3.

Does the B3 Quattro gearbox fit to this flywheel/clutch setup?
            Probably no. C3 donor could have both 016 and 01A trannies. From what I can see, there is 016-tranny flywhell on the photo. Put off pressure plate: if there is a big hole in the middle of flywheel, you will have to get another clutch and flywheel with center bearing from late NF/NG/AAR/7A.

Your gearing ratio will be too short, NG quattros had 4.11 from the factory.

Comment

nice project, that 5 cylinder engine is a must do conversion ! lol
              S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                Probably no. C3 donor could have both 016 and 01A trannies. From what I can see, there is 016-tranny flywhell on the photo. Put off pressure plate: if there is a big hole in the middle of flywheel, you will have to get another clutch and flywheel with center bearing from late NF/NG/AAR/7A.

Your gearing ratio will be too short, NG quattros had 4.11 from the factory.
                Ok, I have few AAR flywheels.
                As this is a mainly a winter car and most of the driving is in the city I don't think the 4.55 gearing would be an issue. Better accelaration
                3A max kW 83@5300; 170Nm@3200
                NG max kW 100@5700; 190Nm@4500

After lots of grinding and drilling

Audi 90 passed MOT on the second try, rear brake regulator was busted and only one side was working. Now I have a daily driver and can start quattro engine swap.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                  Took off the clutch.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Looks like KV 016 tranny flywheel. Put AAR flywheel and clutch instead of that.

Comment

Exhaust pipe rusted through, took the whole thing off the car, and it really is a work of art. Poorly welded togehter from million different parts.
                      Managed to get new NG centre silencer for only 28€ and found a 7A rear silencer from local forum.
                      Only need to weld 60mm flange to the centre silencer or find a 55/60mm o-ring.

Also found a pretty beat up coupe bumper.

Last edited by M2ki; 9 June 2017, 15:24.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Sometime in the summer fitted new exhaust, passed MOT without any faults. Only rear control arm bushing are starting to show some wear.

Barn find. Bought myself another B3. This time quattro. Have been sitting at least 7+ years. Body is in pretty bad shape, have not decided what to do with it, part it out or try to get it running again.

In the middle is 200 turbo quattro, butchered into a buggy

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

A pretty blue thing on the left. My dad used to own such one in this color.

Comment

How did you manage to get on ferry while towing another car? I have asked that couple of times but they don't allow it. Only on trailer. Tallink, at least.
                            5vtq gte

Comment

Probably company policy or somekind international maritame law?
                              No problems on the local lines, tow it, push it or whatever. If you are not traveling on the peak times and don't cause any delays or trouble then go ahead. I once asked to put my car on slope, beacause iginition switch was broken, so I could start the car when going downhill.

Friend once sent only a trailer to the ferry, got loose during the travel and rolled into a police car

Also I have towed a Fiat Uno turbo 25km over the ice from mainland.

Ice roads. No seatbelts allowed. At your own risk. Speed must be between 10-25 or 40-70km/h to avoid resonance.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Nice writeup and photos about ice roads. Enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X