No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Quattro 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. You work quick! You car was in bits only the other day.

That's going to be an interesting recovery from the water . I don't think RAC will cover that!
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

It came out rather easy, some planks under the rear wheel and lots of guys pulling.
      Wooden winch built into the ice was used only to hold it.

No insurance or road side assitance will cover it if you drive on unoffical ice tracks.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Simple, clever and effective!
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Comment

1B engine harness was missing the idle control module, managed to find new old stock locally.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Sold the old engine few weeks back and removed the battery tray. Need to install new fuel lines and bent steering rod to clear wastegate and new engine can go in.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Found a brand new Fidanza alu flywheel, mines was missing the timing pin anyway.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Installed new copper fuel lines

And then started poking around with the screwdriver.

It is worse than i thought.

Cut the pieces from different donor cars, now its mostly welded, needs some putty and paint.

Sold the old engine in July, now its December and the new engine is still not installed, not looking good
                  But on the brighter side, found S2 ABY LHD fast steering rack, quite the improvement going from stock no PAS 4 turns from lock to lock to PAS 2.6 turns lock to lock.
                  4.11 AEC rear diff and 01A with later style one piece torsen, for which i'm currently looking the 4:1 torsen mod washers.
                  Also V8 rear torsen should arrive soon.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Great project, I thought I had some work to do on my B3 Saloon but I don't have any rust to contend with, I pity you having to deal with that, good man for persevering!..

I'm going for an 016 transmission in mine, as they're bomb proof and I like the close ratio's.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• It is mostly caused by very badly repaired rear end collision. Don't know about the right sill, seems like somebody cut the sill open, tried to pull it out and welded it back together very poorly, holes after every few centimeters.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                        found S2 ABY LHD fast steering rack
                        On your photo there is PN tag with 8G... number on the rack. Interesting.

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                        later style one piece torsen
                        Any benefit of such torsen compared to old one? Or they are just in better condition usually?

Comment

• Pretty good welding skills you have. I like the way you even left the trim on and it wasn't cooked! Must have managed to keep the heat low. Fancy a holiday to Wales to weld my Ur for me?
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                            On your photo there is PN tag with 8G... number on the rack. Interesting.
                            It is from Final Editon Cabriolet with sports suspesnion. Same ratio as S2 ABY.

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                            Any benefit of such torsen compared to old one? Or they are just in better condition usually?
                            Later style torsen uses teflon washers instead on bearings. Swap 2 teflon washer with steel ones and you are done.
                            Older style uses needle bearings and bronze washer in the middle. And no one offers washers for this version, beacuse you have make them specifically for each unit. As far as i can undertsand.

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                            Pretty good welding skills you have. I like the way you even left the trim on and it wasn't cooked! Must have managed to keep the heat low. Fancy a holiday to Wales to weld my Ur for me?
                            First time ever welding sheet metal, before that i tried out the old machine by welding some thick chain togeghter
                            And it does not look that nice inside the boot and under the bumper on the otherside, but as it will not be visible and it is mostly a winter car i don't care that much.

Last edited by M2ki; 16 December 2019, 17:26.
                            1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Finished welding the sill. Sill is from B4 and didn't know that B4 has more reinforcemnts inside the sill than B3.

Received V8 rear torsen

And bought a 5 cylinder 2.3 litre 20V 125kW car with proper quattro drivetrain, but it is not an Audi

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• 1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Working...
                                X