X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• I was about to say ''Too many 90's in balack'' but the paintjob looks really nice.
      I hope rest of the car recieves the same treatment.

Comment

• At first i planned just to patch the hole in the boot floor, but as always, it worse than you think
        Front part is painted few years ago, now only boot lid, roof and 4 doors remain.
        Rear doors are rusted, driver door is dented. Only passenger door is worth saving repainting.

I really don't want to paint the roof, pain in the ***, the remove the metal trim, but we'll see.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Door are really faded
          Found 2 rust free doors, need 2 more.

And cut out battery try from donor car. Plan is to mount it somehow in the trunk.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Nice.
            Like the idea of moving the battery somewhere from it's place.
            Always wanted to replicate S2 coupe niche under the back seat. Bought Lada Niva tray to have a starting point in fabricating something similar but always wanted to stay as close to OEM as possible.
            This week one of my dreams came true: I've bought genuine S2 battery tray. Have been searching it for 7 years.
            Probably the latest thing left to collect for me is S/RS short steering rack, so very jealous of yours from Cabriolet

Comment

• I had no other options, wastegate is on the place of the original battery tray and I can't use V6 tray also because of the radiator.
              I also had a ford, suzuki and hyundai tray, but none of them have a cover. I think the Audi one with a cover will look more OEM'ish.

I did not plan using short rack on this car, already had one for my Competition. One day i was browsing random ads and found a suspicious rack from a late cabrio, asked seller the part nr. and it was yet another short rack for a reasonable price. Pretty lucky. Even most guys who are familiar with b3 and b4 audis don't know that some late cabrios had fast racks.

I never owned a coupe and don't know much about their fuel tank and battery placement. It is under the left rear seat, where usually fuel pump is mounted?

Wirewheeled the surface rust off, used würth rust converter and then epoxy primer. Tomorrow when the epoxy is cured, the Raptor coating goes on top of it.
              Most of the rust were around exhaust. Ofcourse the heat shields were missing or rotten away.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Found a pair of new corner lights really cheap. Not OEM but better than the old cracked ones.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Towed the car like this, to the workshop, to get the windshield replaced

And a surprise, some has cut into the chassis, last time when replacing the windscreen

Wirewheeled the rust off, applied rust converter and and epoxy primer.

And some leftover paint + hardner from last time, just incase the windshield doesn't cover all the primer.

New windshield installed, wante one without the mirror knob, to install mirror with rainsensr, but still had black paint on the place where mirror knob is glued.

As all boltable parts, doors, trunk etc. were all faded or rusty, found better ones and the parts are allready primed.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Nice work
                    Ready this year?
                    00 S8
                    94 RS2
                    94 80 Competition
                    88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

• I hope so
                      Everything now painted. Still need to weld the battery tray in the boot and run a new thick cable to the engine bay, then i can start assemblying the interior.

Also finally found a set of original wheels for my Competition, but as it now converted to S2 hubs, i'm gonne use these wheels on this car.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Slowly going back together. Ignore the filler dust.

And very important upgrade, chromed door locks

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• I'm removing the trailer hitch and bought a new rear bumper without the hole in it and original Kamei Design spoiler attached to it.

Still available brand new, with reasonable price

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• I’ll have 2 of those spoilers at that price! Coming along nicely
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• BUMP
                              Any updates on the project? Is car still around?

Comment

• I have to check my notification settings, didn't see before that someone has replied here.

It embarrasing to say that no updates on the car for almost 2 years
                                It is in the same condition as in the last pics.

It got my self a garage now, still looking for 2 post lift, then i can finally start putting it back together.
                                1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Working...
                                X