Audi CQ 7a maf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kupnu4 View Post
    if i would have a cracked exhaust manifold could that be the case? because i suspected that before, but because of how problematic it is to get to it, never had it checked

Cracked exhaust manifold will make a ticking noise. Do you have a ticking noise?

Did you read the thread I posted?
    A leak in the inlet, between the MAF and the engine, will allow un-metered air into the engine making it run lean, the O2 sensor will detect this and the ECU will try to add more fuel to compensate. The lean running will raise EGTs which will destroy O2 sensors quicker than normal.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

I've got a MAF you can have. it's attached to a K & N cone filter.

let me know if it's any use.

Are you still on the original Hitachi injectors ?
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
        I've got a MAF you can have. it's attached to a K & N cone filter.

let me know if it's any use.

Are you still on the original Hitachi injectors ?
        Yes mate, still genuene injectors. I've purchased 2 maf's yesterday of someoneon here, don't know yet if they are any good but do hope so. If you giving it away for nothing i would happily have it, as them mafs are like fairy dust these days..

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Cracked exhaust manifold will make a ticking noise. Do you have a ticking noise?

Did you read the thread I posted?
          A leak in the inlet, between the MAF and the engine, will allow un-metered air into the engine making it run lean, the O2 sensor will detect this and the ECU will try to add more fuel to compensate. The lean running will raise EGTs which will destroy O2 sensors quicker than normal.
          i have done and there is some good info there, for which im thanking you. But i've had similar problem last year and new (used) maf and lambda seemed to have sorted that out for about 6 months, but then slowly its started to go back on its course.. thing is tho, its only running bad once warmed up, when cold - runs sweet

Comment

Working...
          X