Mazda RX-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puppetman
    Mazda says they are 1.3l but in "reality" its double that (2.6) because they japs say it is a 2 cycle engine, when in fact it is not. i read an article on the whole 1.3l thing.
    Think you got it wrong puppetman. The ****el engine, has to rotations chambers that each are on 0.65 L which in totalt gives 1.3L .... And whel you cant really not talk about cylinders in a ****el engine, atlease not in the way you think of a normal engine...
    That is way i guess you call it a 2 cylinder, because you have to chambers with rotaion.....
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

???

Originally posted by Jonas_R
      Think you got it wrong puppetman. The ****el engine, has to rotations chambers that each are on 0.65 L which in totalt gives 1.3L .... And whel you cant really not talk about cylinders in a ****el engine, atlease not in the way you think of a normal engine...
      That is way i guess you call it a 2 cylinder, because you have to chambers with rotaion.....

i said the japs say its a two cycle not 2 cylinder???. ok each chamber is .65l, but there are 2 cambers per rotor = 2.6L. i know its a rotary engine, thats most of the beauty of the car. the ****el is one of my fav. engines , and is also partly why i like the rx-7 so much. ill look for the article and let you know back.

But would never trade my coupe quattro for one though

Comment

Re: ???

Originally posted by puppetman
        i said the japs say its a two cycle not 2 cylinder???. ok each chamber is .65l, but there are 2 cambers per rotor = 2.6L. i know its a rotary engine, thats most of the beauty of the car. the ****el is one of my fav. engines , and is also partly why i like the rx-7 so much. ill look for the article and let you know back.

But would never trade my coupe quattro for one though
        Oki i miss read you then but are you sure about the 2.6L?

And of course no one in an s2forum will trade their s2 for an RX8 Not if they are sane any way hehe

/Jonas
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by scouser_75
          So, if it's a 1.3 engine does it give out 120 MPG (or there-abouts!)

I considered buying an RX7 once (much better looking than the RX8), but having read up about all the problems linked to its ownership and maintenance I steered welll clear.

Plus, if an accountant has gone and got one it cant have much in the way of character, charisma, class, fun factor etc etc etc... can it! (please let there be no accts in here )

Mr John Smith
          The accountant at work shredded one of my invoices when I told the following joke...

What do Accountants use for Contraception?.......
          Their Personality!

I have seen a few RX8 about. I think the RX7 looked wonderful, especially in silver but the RX8 looks undecided a cross between an 'E' type and a crew cab pickup.

D.
          Last edited by Stick Insect; 26 February 2004, 16:20.

Comment

@ sid.. so how good are the HID kits comopared to the rx8?
            Coupe

Comment

im possitive on the 2.6l i read it in the may 2003 issue of sport compact car. they have a website. ill look on there and see if its on there too. if you want to check it out. its www.sportcompactcarweb.com

Comment

Originally posted by AbsS2
                @ sid.. so how good are the HID kits comopared to the rx8?
                They're not too far off the Mazda. My H4 kit is anyway. What got me was the whiteness of the light. I still feel that my HID kit is a little on the blue side.
                ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
                X