"THE ITALIAN JOB" update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys.

Spent the whole evening trying to fit the best I could all the parts in the wooden box.

NO WAY !!

I'm sorry Glen, but your wheels and tyres wont fit.
    I could put in the four alloys but will still have some problems to close the box, and I don't want the Recaros and side cards to get damaged.

Wooden box is 172 cm x 75 cm and 82 cm of hight.
    I can fit nicely in everything including Glen's struts and the emergency alloy+tyre and this way weight should be around 200 kg.

We then would need necessayrly to ship a pallet with the other 4 alloys + 4 Yokos.
    Dimensions of this second pallet would be 124 cm x 124 cm and 60 cm of hight, and weight should be around 100 kg.

What does it mean in terms of costs?

Marco

Comment

If the shipping Company really charges out for dimensions instead of weight I may save some space on wheel's pallet putting the tyres back on the alloys.
      This should take the dimensions to 124 cm x 124 cm and 40 cm of hight....

Comment

Good work Marco!!

ok, the Wooden box is 172 cm x 75 cm and 82 cm of hight = 264 kilos
        The second pallet would be 124 cm x 124 cm and 60 cm of hight = 230 kilos
        So nearly 500 kilos of shipping, thats approx £450+vat shipping in total or 90p+vat per kilo.

If the tyres can go on the wheels, then 124 cm x 124 cm and 40 cm = 153 kilos. This would bring the shipping down to 417 kilos which is approx £400+vat or 96p+vat per kilo.

So we are still less than £1 +vat per kilo of parts shipping which is not bad at all! :-)

Martyn
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Hi Martyn,

only problem with this is that "charged weight" isn't real weight but the one coming out from dimensions.
          Real weight of parts would still be "only" ~220 kg, wich means the real proportion would be something over 2 £ each kg....

Marco

Comment

It gets confusing....

God this is hard to explain!!

I think I'll stick to the £1 per kilo of shipping it's easier to work with!! The only real 'loser' will be me!! as I've got the largest parts coming! so I'll be paying a lot of the whole shipping cost myself.

Martyn
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

In english how much will it cost me in shipping? For the seperate box with the wheels and the struts in the group box?

Ive done a good deal on the wheels and tyres but dont want to suffer too much on the shipping or i may as well just get 5x112 wheels in the UK?
              Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Glen,

I reckon £147+vat will be pretty darn close. I'll get a 'proper' quote on Monday from the shippers based on Marco's weights and dimensions. I'll go for the fact that the tyres will be put on the rims and get a real shipping cost for the lot, then advise you, butr I reckon 147+ is very close.

Martyn
                Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Ok guys,

for Monday I'll have everything well packed.

....Got my weekend job...

Marco

Comment

If iam having a box of my own then could i have all my stuff in one box and sent straight to me? or are ther other things in the box too? It would save me second shippment in the UK up to me? Just try'n to get best value for me money!!

Comment

I now have the wooden box ready. Everything fit in nicely except for Glen's wheels (front struts went in).
                      This means the 5 alloys+wheels would need a separate pallet.
                      Best layout is four wheels + rims flat + the 5th flat on top of them.
                      This makes 124 x 124 cm base and 63 cm max height (pallet itself is 13 cm high).
                      At this point putting the struts in would not be a problem and wont make the pallet any higher.

@ Glen:

now your choice. I reckon shipping would not be that cheap so I wont blame you if you decide to let go for the wheels. I found a nice and safe layout for the other parts and prefer to loose weels selling instead of taking the risk of having something damaged.

Let me know how we go ahead with this.

Marco

Comment

Total costs are just too high now Marco with hub drilling/ spacers shipping and all that crap, Ive sent you a PM explaining though m8!

PS still want the struts though!

Comment

No problem Glen,

We'll go ahead with the struts, then.

Marco

Comment

Working...
                          X