Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splitting 3B Engine, Rebuilt Bottom end, Flowed Head & Full SRE Clutch With Flywheel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting 3B Engine, Rebuilt Bottom end, Flowed Head & Full SRE Clutch With Flywheel.

Right I've made a major decision... I'm going to use a 1.8T in my B3 Saloon project as it's a much more compact and bolts straight in unlike my 3B engine which would require a great deal more work to make fit. RIGHT scrap that idea Four cylinder 20 valves are for hair dressers and are not in keeping with the S2 Forum so I'm going to build an Eastern European Style Stroker, I have my NG block and a 7A head to use to keep with the budget ethos and have spent hours reading on Eastern Forums.

I'm happy with the V6's in my C4's so they can stay as they are, especially the 1997 Saloon with a 30V motor as their super rare and mine runs like a clock. I do after all have a quite special RS2 that I'd much rather spend money on!

SO!!!!! I have a 3B engine I was building up that I no longer require. The bottom end original belonged to and was rebuilt by Forum member Andy10V with forged rods and all new bearings and seals and he also cleaned the ring lands in the pistons before reassembly. Enough digging should bring up his project thread, suffice to say he did a good job of it!

The head originally came from my dead S2 and was fully overhauled with new, OE lifters, valve's and guides along with re-cut valve seats as well as being flowed to what I'd say to a be stage 1+ standard as part of a Nothelle conversion back in 1993 by JK of GTi engineering when the firm was still prestigious and run by Brian Rickets, I also have the inlet manifold to go with it that's been lightly flowed and matched to the head and all the paper work to prove the job was done by them, the head is even signed and dated by JK. The conversion which I have the paperwork for cost over £10K altogether with the Alcon brakes which back in 1993 was a major investment, hell it's still serious money now!!!

Since then the head has been skimmed lightly once and given a full over haul by MRC just before I got the car over ten years ago, they basically cleaned it up and fitted a new cam chain. I then covered less than 30K miles or thereabouts before killing my S2. I sold the original bottom end as it had covered over 200K miles since being fully rebuilt by Brian Rickets, whereas the rebuilt unit I got from Andy had covered a little over 100K miles and been freshly rebuilt ready for serious power.

Andy did a couple of K miles on the rebuilt bottom end before aborting his project after having problems converting the wiring to ABY spec via the pin swap route so it's nearly run in and is known to run smoothly without issue as he ran the car on a K24 7200 and RS2+ 3B software for a short while before having a go at going down the ABY conversion route to do away with the dissy so he could fit one of Alberts savage special K26 hybrids that will push 450+ BHP. This ended up doing his head in and caused him to give up on the project due to time constraints and the wiring had pretty driven him bonkers.

He simply wanted a fast car he could jump in and drive with his girlfriend and ended up purchasing a Nissan 300 ZX. Personally I'd have stuck with the S2, retained the dissy and simply made sure my HT wiring and components were all in as new condition.

But there we are! He made his decision and within days had the Nisan instead, to be fair his S2 was a CAT C write Off which whilst road worthy required extensive work to the rear end to make saleable for good money so I can kinda see his logic, plus back a few years ago one could pick up a 3B S2 in fair condition with MOT for £2K.... Those days are long gone!

So I have the following.

Fully rebuilt 3B bottom end with forged rods and all new bearings which has only covered a couple of thousand miles and is know to run nicely with 10.5 bar compression on all five cylinders and the oil pressure was nice and strong showing 2 bar on tick over at normal operating temp. £1000. Collection strongly preferred though delivery can be organised, if the full asking is met I'm happy to construct a pallet for it go on though the buyer will have to arrange their own courier and accept all responsibility and cost for collection and insurance etc.

A nicely flowed 3B head with matching flowed inlet manifold. Currently fitted with the original stock cams, though it had a new set of hydraulic lifters, valve's and guides. installed 100K miles ago when the Nothelle conversion was done by Brian Rickets. £1000 with the manifold or £750 without.

Throttle body in good working order, no fault codes, fitted with an high quality anodised alloy cable guide/attachment. £100. Delivered

Set of mint NM cams which I was going to use, these really are in exceptional condition. £350. Delivered.

Set of stock 3B Cam's in perfect condition, not the ones currently installed in the head, their a spare set I picked up ages ago and have been stored covered in oil since. £150 Delivered. Provisionally sold.

Mint OE waste gate, £120 Delivered.

Custom 3" Down pipe made from 314 Stainless steel, has provision for two Lambda sensors and an EGT Probe. Good fit with the exit in the centre of the exhaust tunnel, come with a custom flexi joint to connect to the waste-gate. £250 delivered.

Nearly new set of genuine Beru HT leads with dissy cap in as new condition. £80. Delivered.

Genuine ignition coil fitted by MRC, has cover less than 30K miles £80, Delivered.

3B Oil pump in excellent condition. £100. Delivered.

Coupe off-side sill complete panel, rust free no damage to jacking points etc. £100. Provisionally sold.

I have loads more goodies but that's' enough typing for now, will keep updating the list as parts come to me.

All prices open to negotiation, please don't be shy when to come's to making an offer, especially if you want more than one item. Prices including delivery are based on a mainland UK address, highland and island maybe a touch extra depending on the item.

Also I'm prepared to ship items worldwide for whatever it costs.
    Last edited by K Simmonds; 30 November 2019, 21:32.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Bump, with more parts and complete price list.

Comment

Stock ECU awaiting payment.

Comment

Stock ECU sold.

All price's reduced to include delivery

Comment

Couple more parts added.... open to offers on everything before I start feeding eBay.

Comment

Hi. Sent you a PM regarding the engine loom.

Comment

Hi Phil, PM responded to, hope to speak tomorrow morning.

Comment

PM’d mate

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

PM'ed you!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the 3b loom from an S2
                    or c3 200? I need an uncut
                    3B S2 harness.

Comment

Hi. I've tried to call you a couple of times. Sent you a PM

Cheers.

Comment

PM'd you
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Block and head still available?

Comment

Intake still up forsale?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone heard back from Simmonds?

if you still have the harness I’m interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X