Full set of RS2 lower door trims needs restoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full set of RS2 lower door trims needs restoring

Full set of lower door trims need new metal strips installed I put new metal strips in my own set worked realy well.

Full set £100 not including shipping

Where did you get the metal strips made up mate? I have the same problem with my car, I guess any metal workshop could fabricate them.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I had a friend of mine fabricate them for me I have a couple of strips left not enough to do a whole car but they are easy to fabricate. My problem was removing the existing corroded metal i needed up using brute force (wood chisel and patience) heat the rubber to get the metal out and a shot blaster to clean the the rest of the rust from the rubber strips. I then used a high strength silicon to bond in the new strips then off to the paint shop. I do have 3 decent rubber strips for sale that need re metalling

Comment

Right... Nice one for the advice, I have a metal workshop close by with the equipment to fabricate the strips, just need to recover a strip with right profile on from the knackered sections on my doors.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

just take care when removing the existing metal I managed to rip a hole through one of the strips tease it out use a bit of heat even a cutting disc to get the metal out

Comment

Working...
          X