No announcement yet.

building a sportquattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Cater... Do you use the front end sheet metal off a 32b to mount those lights? Or - will the stock Audi 80 stuff do the trick??

Comment

• i have the org front light as you see at the pics, and the org sheet metall back at the lights, tho there are at least 3 diff types off theese lights,may 4 types. ome with the dummy (of plastic,none lights,only look alike) one with the org lights(h3 or h1 i think) then you have the old style of theese a 3 edge innerlight,to the 83/84, then the santana have the small one outside the h4 unit.
      the passat front chassiplate 32b arent the same as the old audi 80 anyway ,they have lengthen the chassi behind the bumper,and use another frontchassiplate,but i think the h4 unit will fit the audi 80. you will have to cut the small steelplate between the h4 unit and the small inner light

Comment

• Originally posted by caterpillar
        they 3 tubins layin on the table,are they on ORG P/N or are they "homemade"????
        vw passat 32b have the very same engine compartment.....
        and audi L5 and quattro tranny, and rear end diff.....and then it stand syncro in the back of the car

Thanks!
        Yes those front tubes are original sportquattro tubes/struts.
        Here are some fresh pics

RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
        High Octane website

Comment

• jeffer@ flip over the grill with the headlight unit and lay out the pic please........

Comment

• What kind of springs and shocks are those ?
            Now you see me, now you don`t

80quattro.com

Comment

• @ Caterpillar

The light is sitting losse in the grille. I need to fabricate a frame to hold the light. Or are you interested in the rear of the light itself?

@ Gringo
              Those shocks are original Sport quattro shocks. The springs are from hohenester.
              I won't be using the original sport quattro shocks but adjustable konis.

Wich shocks do you have in your struts?

cheers
              RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
              Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
              High Octane website

Comment

• Jeffer; as far as I can tell they are orginal Audi group B shocks. That is they are servicable and adjustable with shims. No parts are available of course, so I am looking into alternatives, or I`ll have to have parts made. Koni is one alternative, Ohlins is more of a dream I am not sure however if I`m able to use shock inserts like you or even if we have the same innertube diameter.

I have some different springs; 1 set of some custom rallycross(?) long travel springs and a set of custom springs for the SPQ made by Eibach.

Thanks

80quattro.com

Comment

• have 5 set of lights in my garage to 32b's and 2 or 3 set of the audi's lights(quatro) the long lights,from 85 i think.but i was intr in the small steelplate how it look alike only,for the sportQ.......

Comment

• Gringo, Do you have more info on he Ohlins shocks? I haven't looked into those yet.
                    Caterpillar, the bracket is the same as from the 32B So they don't work on the SQ. I need to fabricate my own brackets for the lights.
                    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                    High Octane website

Comment

• No I don`t have any specific info on the Ohlins setup. There`s a black SPQ here in Norway, the former DBR car, and it has converted to Ohlins. There was a lot of work involved and a hefty price. It is NOT a direct bolt on set-up at all. Custom made.

80quattro.com

Comment

• I have a question: how easy is it to make a quattro conversion on a Audi Coupe GT 1.8 liter FWD ?

The Front and rear suspention are complete different arent they?
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffer
                          Gringo, Do you have more info on he Ohlins shocks?
                          Ohlins is expensive. There are more alternatives lik for example: http://www.avouk.com/pm/101 I think for track day/street use is enough double adjustable and remote canister. KW Racing also makes 2way adjustable for ~1900EUR and real competition ones 3way adjustable mono-tube for ~4500EUR
                          Xtra Racing

Comment

• Leda suspension do similar
                            Aelred

Comment

• Hello Jeffer,

can you please be so nice and messure the grill for me? I want to use the same but i think it does not fit over my intercooler. So i could be sure if it fits or not, you would help me a lot..
                              BTW, very cool project! Hope you get it finished till next summer ;-)

Regards, Sebastian

Comment

• no problem, what do you want to know exactly?
                                RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                                Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                                High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                                X