No announcement yet.

Volvo 850 S2++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i paid 12500 NOK for the same PO conrods, and www.stenparnermotor.se will have 1200 SEK pr conrod.....
    multilayer headgasged: www.034efi.com.....and the headstudsfor dieselblocks are like bmw's :mischeif: NOT spec made for bmw
    Last edited by caterpillar; 2 October 2005, 14:37.

Comment

KRB Trading has never been knowned for his low prices... But at least he delivers in time...

hpaamodt

Comment

How long will your conrods be? What pistons pec do you have?

Can you provide more infos on the Head studs?

The Copper head gasket is better than the original?
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

AFAIK Multilayer steel gasket is better than Copper gasket
          4F 2006 avant 3.0tdi quattro
          4B 2002 S6 avant quattro
          typ85 sedan quattro with "minor" changes

Comment

My conrods are 158 mm c/c and 22 mm crosspin. And that turned out to be a problem, since the JE pistons are made for 20 mm crosspin
            I'm not too impressed of my piston dealer (not KRB). Not very many of the measurements on the pistons turned out to be what I asked for in my order. I asked for a 81,5 mm bore, but got 82 mm. I asked for 22 mm crosspin, but got 20 mm. Fortunately it was not vice versa. Some 20 mm bushings and 0,5 mm bigger bore later I'm on track again

I use the original tdi multilayer steel gasket. It is both better and far more expensive than a copper gasket

hpaamodt

Comment

tdi multilayer gasged http://www.034efi.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=114 195$ if you go over 700hp,i will advice 22mm xpin. woessner may deliver your right pistons...1305 euro about 034 efi deliver only on 5 days. Stenparner too.he have the conrod in stock.and they weight are about 100 gr less too....

Comment

PO rods are made in Finland by Pasi Ojennus.

I stock them too. 215-225 eur / piece incl 22% vat.

e: How much do Stenparners weigh?
                Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

So you are saying that the best option for a head gasket is the Audi 5 cylinder diesel Gasket? How thick is it? You can not reuse this gasket or am i wrong??

Are these PO Rods better than Verdi or 034EFI? Why are you taking the 158mm conrods! What is the best length? Pisobiker took 155.8mm!
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

There are sources that say metal gasget can be reused, but there is no use to test this theory in your car. The best way is to use std audi metal gasget as you have std audi engine in your brick car.

The audi gasget is 1.61mm thick. 155.8 sounds wery good, PO's are just fine, they seem to turn into gold when shipped to Norway... Verdis are not so heavy, but it makes things more even as I use Verdis in Finland

Comment

Sorry it goes a little off topic but:
                      The Audi Diesel Gasket is 1.61 thick or the RS2? Witch is better? If so with 156mm conrods c-c what specs must the pistons have to make a non interfearance stroker (diesel block and Crank) engine with 8.5 : 1 CR? Head is an RS2
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman
                        Sorry it goes a little off topic but:
                        The Audi Diesel Gasket is 1.61 thick or the RS2? Witch is better? If so with 156mm conrods c-c what specs must the pistons have to make a non interfearance stroker (diesel block and Crank) engine with 8.5 : 1 CR? Head is an RS2

The lenght of rod depends what pistons is to be used.

The audi metal gasget is 1.61 thick for the petrol/bensin engine, tdi gasget is no good becouse there is few minor differencens of the oil and water lines, these differences has to be corrected to the block also.

Comment

I have modified my head (well, not my head, but the 7A-head...). A minor weld job in one of the water lines and bigger bore for the studs. The tdi-block remains pretty original, but I might plug an oil return line in the rear end of the block. I'm not 100% sure of what gasket I use, but I'm quite certain that it is a tdi-gasket.

Here are some pictures of the differencies between the 7A-head and the tdi-block (and gasket):

hpaamodt
                          Last edited by Volvo 850 S2++; 3 October 2005, 21:38. Reason: I forgot a not...

Comment

How much do Stenparners weigh?
                            I've spoken to Sten Parner on the phone and he said that the his Audi 20vt rods (stock length) weigh 525 grams (he actually put them on the scale while we were talking).
                            Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

I guess that the weight depends on the c/c lenght, but my 158 mm PO conrods weigh 655 grams each including bolts and 20 mm bushing. Using my electronic kitchen scale, but nevertheless...

hpaamodt

Comment

Are these Sten Parner Conrods good? How are thy compare to Verdi, PO, Pauter ect?

Can he make cutom ones? Say 156 mm with 22mm pin ?
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X