No announcement yet.

Project Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where there's one there will likely be more. Keep the traps in there permanently. I had some in the S2 years ago and was lucky that they preferred Sainsburys bags to the carpet, sound deadening and wiring.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
      Haha, lets hope so...it is ready to process more! It is so close to the ecu and the main loom am concerned what i will find when i remove the dashboard.
      Get them to change the heater matrix while they are in there mate
      91 Modded 3B

Comment

Oh it is staying put for sure...

great idea on the matrix!
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Destructive little ******s - the one that did this (in my other car) got scalped when I turned the fan on full which meant partly taking the dash apart to remove it.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post
            Destructive little ******s - the one that did this (in my other car) got scalped when I turned the fan on full which meant partly taking the dash apart to remove it.
            Yeah, i am worried that i may have to remove one from somewhere. Dash out scares me...it was already a rats nest behind it anyway
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Damn, looks like you got away lightly without too much long term damage!
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Not added much here for quite a while, it’s taken me quite to find the energy and back strength to start messing with the car again but this week my son and I decided we really needed to get on and bar some issues with separating the Dow pipe from the turbo the lump finally parted company with the bell housing again after about 12years!
                Attached Files
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Drivers side looks pretty crusty to say the least. Now trying to decide whether to rip the whole lot out and have a completely clear engine bay to sort any nasty stuff and then prep it for. It is not looking it’s best underneath after a couple of years in the garage…lots to do to get it back to its best!
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I would just clean up the chassis legs, paint and replace the heat shield material. If you go too deep it will be never ending.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                      I would just clean up the chassis legs, paint and replace the heat shield material. If you go too deep it will be never ending.
                      Yep, that is what I am worried about…where to determine the end to be lol
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

You will end up with a bare metal respray if you don't watch your scope creep
                        91 Modded 3B

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                          You will end up with a bare metal respray if you don't watch your scope creep
                          Haha…yeah it is seemingly a slippery slope.
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                            Be careful... A friend started using his lockdown time to deal with a leaky o ring in his water manifold... Last week I leant him my engine crane and now his engine is out and on a stand!
                            Dont know what you mean
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Been chipping away at the strip down for a few weeks now as time hasn't been kind with work and other commitments.

first challenge was splitting the turbo off the exhaust manifold as access to the front two nuts was hampered and then one decided to round…grrr eventually with some swearing and creativity, it did let go and managed to get it out the way

Attached Files
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Set out removing the exhaust manifold itself and in true style it wasn't long before another issue when the copper nuts on the two most awkward studs decided to not play. Again finally they gave up their fight and the removal of some studs which hadn’t come off with the nuts was completed.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X