No announcement yet.

My Coupe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the VHT brand. They only do one red. It's not a perfect match with the original Porsche red, more post box red. Still looks good mind. Seems to be a quality product, made in America.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

VHT is nice and durable stuff.
      In Holland it's only allowed to be sold to companies nowadays. It probably isn't the best stuff for your health.
      I personally always use a quality mask with good filters when using spray paint.

JW
      | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
      | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

The red looks good and unless you put them next to the Porsche red your never going to notice. How are you cleaning out the brake fluid reservoir? I've had limited success with cleaning reservoirs over the years, I would like to clean mine out as it could do with a clean and I noticed the reservoir is not longer available (what a surprise).

Any that coating that last, protects and produces a good finish is normally bad for your health. I use a 3M half mask & 3M 6055 filters. I will be doing a bit more painting next year so going to upgrade to a full mask as the isocyanates in 2k can leach into into you body via your eye. Nice...

Comment

I removed the reservoir and washed it in hot soapy water. Dried overnight in front of the logstove. But, be careful. I failed to get it back on as the two seals had expanded slighly. Luckily, had two good spares here and got it back on with those.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Clutch bled using my favourite pressure bleeder. I haven’t tried the clutch pedal yet. Fingers crossed. I will try it tomorrow. I’ve BTDT with clutch bleeding and will be surprised if it works first go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I do have a really good Gerson mask which I use when spraying with the compressor but must admit I only use a P3 disposable when using the rattle can
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

New brake fluid bottles are available at Tradition. 60 euros.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

See the front seal is still available, but the rear is another tradition item.

Comment

You are keeping god pace here The breaks are looking good! Saw you did your LCD display, man those fiddly Jobs scare me. But its nice when its done. Keep up the good work. Say hi to the cat from Sweden!

Comment

• I was shocked to find that the clutch is working nicely. Amazing.
                      This is what came out of the clutch line when bled. Those black bits are some sort of mould!

So, I went to replace the gear linkage and the ball joint popped off. The gaiter has a hole in it and the joint is a bit loose. I do have one of Alex’s bushes but not sure how easy this is going to be whilst it’s on the car. Has anyone done this job? Can it be done in situ?

Removing the linkage is going to be exhaust off I fear.

So, not feeling inclined to go down that route today, I thought I would make up my oil cooler bracket.

Lunchtime.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Heatshield has to come off to split the gear selector shaft. Changing the cup socket joint isn't a job to do in situ.
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                          Heatshield has to come off to split the gear selector shaft. Changing the cup socket joint isn't a job to do in situ.
                          Ok, cheers. I thought that might be the case.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• So the exhaust is a mess and I wanted to take it off anyway but wasn’t planning to do it just yet. Just get on with it I thought.

And now I have access to the single bolt that holds the linkage together. There is no need to remove the heat shield.
                            And it’s off.

No turning back now.

Just hope I have the right size bush now. It seems a very tight fit.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I know the pain O so well with every word you have written, just change the word exhaust to suspension, aircon or cooling system etc etc..

Comment

• Errors bush fitted no problem.
                                Just waiting for the glue to set then it can go back on.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X