• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I got them second hand from another TT but based on kit from
    * https://www.cbauto.co.uk/ap-9660-6-piston-calipers
    * https://www.cbauto.co.uk/ap-9660-to-mk4-adaptors
    * https://www.cbauto.co.uk/cbauto-fron...p-368x36-disks
    * AP Discs

We had our first outing after the rebuild for a bit of a shakedown. Unfortunately the fuel filter connection disconnected and I lost power and had to be recovered which I think did some damage internally but not noticeable at first. A bit later we had a mechanical issue and it seized the bottom end so we are now starting a full engine rebuild. :-(
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      The car is almost ready for the road again once we get the leaks dealt with.

The rear brake caliper banjo bolt is leaking brake fluid. We have swapped the caliper for a new one as it had seen better days, but it still leaked.

The banjo bolt didnt feel like it was seating properly. New banjo bolt and washers and its still leaking. Next is to get some better quality washers.

On the engine side we found the hard metal waterpipe for coolant to the heater matrix pipes had been leaking for a long time and had rotted. Audi wanted 600 for this pipe, but we managed to get one second hand for 40 that we could tidy up and fit. In the process we found an injector o ring was leaking and a water seal also leaking.

Once all of these are fixed we will be in a place to get all the fluids back in.

In terms of progress so far. The old shell goy stripped and we saved the good bits, sold the weld in cage then set about building up the new shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Impressive!!! you dont mess about! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

Not atm, the rears have larger discs than standard. The suspension and brakes have been the biggest investment so far. The difference with the coilovers is like night and day compared to lowering springs and uprated shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        OMG wow!! nice work Greg!! very well done!! Are coilovers lighter than springs and shocks?

Debating on making s2 nice or turning into clubsport.. but within next year im going to make some moves..

Comment

Sorry to hear about your engine troubles Greg. What engine code is in yours? I have a complete spare 225 bottom end from a tt, APY engine code

Comment

That sucks to hear about the issues with the engine. Hope you get her back up and running soon.
            2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
            1991 Audi CQ - Project
            1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

Nightmare bud keep on keeping on

Comment

Ah that's a shame Greg, hope you can get it sorted without too much grief.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

OMG wow!! nice work Greg!! very well done!! Are coilovers lighter than springs and shocks?

Debating on making s2 nice or turning into clubsport.. but within next year im going to make some moves..
                  The main benefit of the coilovers is that they are designed to provide the suspension travel across the range when lowered and the adjustability for different bounce and rebound rates so they suspension can be adjusted to different tracks, and ability to change springs.

I'd consider getting BC or Gaz Golds for the S2 at some point.
                  Greg

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your engine troubles Greg. What engine code is in yours? I have a complete spare 225 bottom end from a tt, APY engine code
                    Thanks Sal, What would you want for it? Engine is a BAM. Currently looking at getting a fully forged engine setup to go in and just get it done right from the off.
                    Greg

Comment

I've sent you a pm Greg

Comment

What was the damage to the engine in the end ? Any idea of the cause?

Comment

Thanks Sal. One of the conrods is white, I suspect that the engine ran lean when a fuel pipe disconnected from the fuel filter causing initial damage to a big end bearing, then later the bearing spun and seized the engine. I haven't had time to dismantle yet, and I am currently on the hunt for for a forged long block if I can track one down.
                          Greg

Comment

Working...
                          X