No announcement yet.

Another S2 ABY - 1996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice little easy and cheap fix today. OEM clip not tight enough and power steering fluid leaking out for what looks like a long time.
    Attached Files
    Steve

1990 RR 20V
    1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Gave the new brakes a bleed whilst I’m waiting for the correct water pump to arrive. 314mm discs on the front with Porsche 996 callipers and 296mm discs on the rear.

These coupled with the coil overs, custom top mounts etc should handle and stop really well when it’s back on the road.
      Attached Files
      Steve

1990 RR 20V
      1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Interested to hear your thoughts on these coilovers I had a set made many years ago, I could never get the right balance, they would either bottom out over potholes or on heavier weighted springs were too firm ( lively in the wet). I had bilstein b6 or b8 shocks all round.
        There were no off the shelf coilover kits around at the time so I reverted back to original set up with h&r springs and bilstein

Comment

I’ll check and report back on what the spring rates are. This is what they look like off the car.
          Attached Files
          Steve

1990 RR 20V
          1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

You still loving working on your s2 Steve, that's nice to see you keep it alive and well

Comment

This is how tight it was. Thought for a moment I was going to have to get the spare sump out of the shed.

Old oil dropped and new quantum 5W-40 in.

Also flushed the system and topped up with 5 litres of G12.

Car started and just the one leak around the banjo on the feed into the filter…..petrol everywhere ?‍♂️.
              Attached Files
              Steve

1990 RR 20V
              1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Just got the lights to put back in and then it’s off for an MOT.

A bit of a clean and polish then it will be up for sale.

At this point I’d welcome opinions on what people thinks it’s worth?
                Steve

1990 RR 20V
                1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Really depends on condition. A1 condition with low owners and a good service history could be nudging £20k.
                  We are in a bit of a recession mind. Cost of living and high mortgage rates means not as much spare money about for weekend toys. Might take a while to sell. It's going to be worth getting the rusty bit and any other paint sorted before you sell.
                  Cars and Classics seems to be the best place to advertise atm.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                    Really depends on condition. A1 condition with low owners and a good service history could be nudging £20k.
                    We are in a bit of a recession mind. Cost of living and high mortgage rates means not as much spare money about for weekend toys. Might take a while to sell. It's going to be worth getting the rusty bit and any other paint sorted before you sell.
                    Cars and Classics seems to be the best place to advertise atm.
                    It's currently on149K with 5 previous owners. Internally the car is nice with the ribbed black leather and has some good modifications i.e. both subframes done and wishbones re-bushed, custom mounts, coil overs, big brakes and a Miltek exhaust.

Bodywork wise, there's the blister on the drivers wing, some door mouldings and a dint in the NS sill. TBH I don't want to spend any more money on it and as a personal preference I would prefer to buy and see the bodywork before it needs paint.

I'll try an advert and see where we get to.
                    Steve

1990 RR 20V
                    1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Fixed the broken pipe today with some Araldite steel metal and then a big push to put it all back together.

All seems good so I’ll be getting an MOT shortly.
                      Attached Files
                      Steve

1990 RR 20V
                      1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Working...
                      X