Each end is a new beginning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one S2 avant sideskirt fitted, now working on the other

Last edited by Skull; 11 August 2011, 13:48.
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Nice !

By the way, what are the two items in the photo on post # 49?

Thanks.

Comment

The S2 headlight washer pods gettin ready for paint

The tools needed for fitting them (the beer is the most inportant)

Last edited by Skull; 11 August 2011, 13:52.
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Headlamps washers installed on the front bumper
            - Looking for a S2
            - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
            - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

I really liked your black 80 Competition and was gutted to see how it ended up. Pleased you've got another and are continuing your good work. I have an 80 FWD and have given it the competition look (unfortunately we didn't get the real thing over here in the UK).

I have a question for you:

Did you use Coupe quattro 20V discs for this? Did they and the S2 calipers fit straight on or did you have to alter them at all (spacers, etc..). My 80 is in need of a brake overhauland I have a set of G60's with carriers I want to fit to the front. Just wondering what discs are best to use?

Keep up the good work!
              Editor AOC www.audiclub.co.uk
              Editor Audifans www.audifans.net
              AOC Member of the Year 2003-2004
              (1994 80 Saloon - Titan Grey\V6 bumper\S2 Avant bumper\80 Competition Alloys - Nice but it certainly isn't an S2 )

Comment

I can see now.

Thanks for the reply re the headlight washers.

Nice, spacious, dry, fully equipped () place in which to "play".

@CQ 20V, make sure to read the article on page 45 of the Aug 08 issue of Audi Driver magazine, ( has a picture of the new Q5 on the front cover ), to avoid the problem the writer had where he refurbished brakes, but they didn't ultimately fit under his wheels. We've all had similar experiences, but just mentioned this, in case it has any relevance to your bake plans.

It's a short article and could be read while browsing.

Kind regards.
                Last edited by macspring; 17 September 2011, 11:53.

Comment

Originally posted by cq20v View Post
                  I really liked your black 80 Competition and was gutted to see how it ended up. Pleased you've got another and are continuing your good work. I have an 80 FWD and have given it the competition look (unfortunately we didn't get the real thing over here in the UK).

I have a question for you:

Did you use Coupe quattro 20V discs for this? Did they and the S2 calipers fit straight on or did you have to alter them at all (spacers, etc..). My 80 is in need of a brake overhauland I have a set of G60's with carriers I want to fit to the front. Just wondering what discs are best to use?

Keep up the good work!
                  Hello!

The brakes are a straight swap, the disc you need are 276x25 from a coupe quattro 20v or from and 2.8 B4.

good luck with you project!
                  Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
                    @CQ 20V, make sure to read the article on page 45 of the Aug 08 issue of Audi Driver magazine, ( has a picture of the new Q5 on the front cover ), to avoid the problem the writer had where he refurbished brakes, but they didn't ultimately fit under his wheels. We've all had simiilar experiences, but just mentioned this, in case it has any relevance to your bake plans.

It's a short article and could be read while browsing.

Kind regards.
                    Cheers for that. The stock discs on the 80 I have are 280mm with single piston calipers. The one I want to fit are 276mm with twin piston calipers so there should be enough room with the std 15" wheels. If not, I can leave the 16's on.

As you say - best to check
                    (1994 80 Saloon - Titan Grey\V6 bumper\S2 Avant bumper\80 Competition Alloys - Nice but it certainly isn't an S2 )

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                      Hello!

The brakes are a straight swap, the disc you need are 276x25 from a coupe quattro 20v or from and 2.8 B4.

good luck with you project!

Excellent - thank you very much!

Comment

@ CQ20v I forgot,

but just in case, a reminder to consider the idea of changing the stud pattern from 4 x 108 to 5 x 112 at this stage rather than after shelling out for new discs etc. a second time, maybe appropriate or maybe not, but just thought I'd mention it.

Kind regards.
                        Last edited by macspring; 17 September 2011, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by cq20v View Post
                          Excellent - thank you very much!
                          See you found this thread from the link I posted on audifans

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            See you found this thread from the link I posted on audifans

Yes Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
                              but just in case, a reminder to consider the idea of changing the stud pattern from 4 x 109 to 5 x 112 at this stage rather than after shelling out for new discs etc., may be appropriate or maybe, not, but just thought I'd mention it.

Kind regards.

Cheers - Jas11N changed his so it's well documented but I hope to have an S2 again in the future so will keep the 4 x 108 pattern for the "80 Competition" look

Comment

On my car I have the stock brake setup, 276mm discs and twin piston calipers... the 15" speedlines fits with no problems... you have a lot of room in your competition 16's!
                                - Looking for a S2
                                - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                                - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X