Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Pr0^H^Harts

034 Density Line Motormounts, Streetdensity

Fitting parts for TIAL V44 wastegate to Wagner exhaust manifold, and "stock" downpipe.

Fidanza Steel single mass flywheel, clutch side

Same, but other side

Silicone turbo intake hose (for between MAF and turbo with motronic)

Turbo water and oil line kit

Does this need explanation?

and this?

Spec stage 3+ clutch disk
    All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Spec stage 3+ clutch pressure plate

Head stud set

"light weight" hydraulic lifters

034 Density Line Transmission mount, Street density

all kinds of gaskets (for top of motor)

Snub braket, and snub

TIAL V44 wastegate

Yep, a conrod
      All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Do you have any pics of the chargecooler that you're planning to use?
        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Originally posted by gedu View Post

Rear disk
          Where did u get those rear disc from ?? are they Textar, Brembo ??

Cheers
          S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
            Do you have any pics of the chargecooler that you're planning to use?
            I do have some pics, and I have pics of the modifications I have made to it. I just want to wait until I can confirm I can squeeze it to stock location before posting pics.

Comment

Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
              Where did u get those rear disc from ?? are they Textar, Brembo ??

Cheers
              These are Black Diamond discs, also have same kind of discs for front. Will see how these fare as soon as I get my Goodridge brake hose set.

Comment

Dismantling operations commence this weekend, head "guru" called me today, and said he could sort my head next week

Bad news is I didn't get 2 weeks vacation to do whole thing at once, so have to resort to my trusty Canyon RoadMasterPro for transportation. Oh, and hoping to MOT the car this week also, Magnaflow CAT is on it's way to my hands (infact should have been already)

Comment

These are Black Diamond discs, also have same kind of discs for front. Will see how these fare as soon as I get my Goodridge brake hose set.
                  What size is your front discs, i assume you are still using Teppo's front brake kit?

How thick is the auxrad, if it's less than 50mm i bet that it fits. I would like to see the pictures also.

BTW Taitaa olla vaikeeta ajaa naama peruslukemilla noitten osien asennuksen jälkeen vähän aikaa.
                  Now quattro less, my urs4 stolen 13.8

Comment

Fronts are 314x30mm, yes that is Teppo's Ufo discard kit.

Aux rad is 1" thick, radiator cap is somewhat larger, but I think it will fit fit minimal sweat.

As for keeping straight face after these mods, yes it might prove impossible for a while

Comment

All discs and pads changed and Goodridge hoses installed to back axle. Front axle was a bit stuck and didn't have help to bleed them anyway last night. Discs and pads have been bedded in (10x from 100km/h-20km/h - cool down - repeat), managed to boil brake fluid (castrol racing) but brakes still work, and those front hoses need bleeding anyway after install.

Comment

Head is off, and in hands of 'guru', who'll be giving some schweeeet lovin to it

Need to get mi **** of the chair and get to garage to lift rest of engine out of engine bay. Rods and bearings are anxious to get to their new home. Weather has been slowing down my working, as garage is 10km from my work, and 8km from home. Hopeful that some good biking weather turns up.

Comment

Well, well, need to bump this thread back to front page

Head is still being worked on, and I have been stripping bottom end to pieces. Should start assembling it back together tomorrow (if weather permits). Long time also without any new pics, but here is block in all it's Glory

Comment

Crank is back in the block, need 3 gaskets to seal bottom end again (these will be sourced next week).

Chargecooler is waiting pressure test, I'm not that sure about my welds . It's a basic xs-power unit, with one end tank reversed. Will try to post more pictures of that this weekend.

Also decided, that I won't be using wagner IM for this build (at least yet), as would need new fuel rail and other bits and pieces. Don't have money nor energy to do required mods to use it, so will be using stock AAN manifold. Stock manifold will be port matched to head.

Comment

Head will be ready tomorrow, thank god they will transport it to garage

Also need one gasket to get from stealer, between oilpump and block. Now then I have all parts in one place, just need to solve this mekano puzzle to get it all back together Pistons and rods are back inside block.

Maybe I'll manage to get some pictures tomorrow, should be able to, as doctor has given orders not to use right arm for anything requiring real strength.

Comment

Righty then

Managed to do at least something today. Fitted cyl. head back to block. Tried to fit oilpump back on but snapped 1 bolt, so that's postponed till I get new bolt for it.

Also got exhaust this week, minus downpipe. Downpipe is in fact waiting to be collected from customs (have already paid duties and taxes for it). Some pics for pleasure too

Chargecooler after modifications, still need to fashion some kind of mount for it, will tackle it once I have engine in and have "stock" boost piping in place.

Detail shots of welds in exhaust

For some reason there were some metallic sounds on certain load situations (and 1000th foto with my 40D )

cyl head still on floor, putting new tappets in.

Comment

Working...
                                X