No announcement yet.

Transformation of pleasant family car to politically incorrect monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, Now I have my hands on new cam pulley (ordered from finnish manufacturer, and it's got Dahlback printings on it 149€ delivered vs dahlbacks price). Also have new hall sensor, so will start to assemble today.
    All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Right, today got around to test if flywheel "home" pin is in it's position... You guessed it, nope, it isn't there. Engine is coming out again, easier to lift it out than drop gearbox with no lift.
      All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Originally posted by gedu View Post
        Right, today got around to test if flywheel "home" pin is in it's position... You guessed it, nope, it isn't there. Engine is coming out again, easier to lift it out than drop gearbox with no lift.
        If you take out the starter then you get access to the flywheel. It should be enough room to replace the pin.

Tom
        1986 Audi 90q
        724hk@2.2bar, 855nm@2,7bar, presisjon 5862 CEA Billet, 7a cams E85
        Thanks to RFS Performance

2004 VW Touareg 3,2

2004 VW Multivan 174Hk Tdi Highline
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah... well, I already have motor detached from gearbox, only need to lift it out

Comment

Right. ECU is going by post to get tested/checked/repaired, just to be sure. I still have no RPM signal while cranking. Sold both "china" rod sets (yes, even the one inside the engine currently). Decided to to do full engine stripdown (yes, again), block to machine shop to be drilled to 81,5mm, new pistons, Pauter (or Carillo or PO Metal, not decided yet) rods, OEM bearings (not 034 coated ones). Also sold Wagner intake, as one rod set went to a RS2 owner, and I showed him that intake, and he decided to buy it

In summary, 1st evolution version of engine never even started

Comment

OEM bearings (not 034 coated ones)
              I think about 034 coated bearing to my engine. Why they are worse than OEM RS2?
              Audi 90 quattro '88 4.2V8 on VEMS
              Audi S4 C4 Avant 2.2T '92 @ 2,5TDI

Comment

Well. They are with integrated thrust bearings. As in other thread is stated, not that good for a street engine. Oh, and they seem to be a bit tight, even for engine thats seen 250kkm.

Have ordered Wiseco pistons, with raised compression, for 82mm bore. Also ordered PO metal billet rods, with arp2000 bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by button View Post
                  I think about 034 coated bearing to my engine. Why they are worse than OEM RS2?
                  They are not hardened, they are soft like the OEM 3B bearings and are not good for high power machines.

Comment

That too.

We'll see what happens with a motor that has some things done differently compared to normal high power engines If I decide that it's too civilized, I could always add water injection for those truly mental occasions

Comment

Right, started disassembling tonight. Thrust surfaces on 034 coated bearings is bare metal, ceramic coating is no more. Luckily got parts today, new oem bearings, whole shebang of gaskets, and new headlamp glasses (will tell more later, if all goes well). Also got my new rods, made from billet by PO metal here in Finland (have proven themselves in 250HP/10krpm engines, that power is for 1 cylinder )

Comment

If anything can go wrong it will. I don't know have I pissed into Audi Gods morning cereal or what.

Started assembling bottom end back together with stock pistons, to get beast back onto road. When tightening main bearring studs to tension told by 034/Arp, one snapped and took some threads from block with it. So now there is a bit of Arp stud stuck inside my block. I'm not going to try and extract it myself, but let machine shop do it, at the same time they bore the block for 82mm high compression pistons and balance crankshaft assembly, flywheel, vibration dampener and all other pieces. Pistons are on order, current estimate for getting them is end of January/beginning of February.

There are fortunately other pieces that I can work on, finishing chargecooler system with the mods it requires, install new Immo and other bits and pieces.

Comment

I hope you get it running before first birthday for the project.

When was the last time you drive it?
                          Now quattro less, my urs4 stolen 13.8

Comment

13th of june 2008. After that it has been in garage in bits. Luckily I did some 0-100km/h runs a week before

Comment

arp bolts(head to block) where not tightened in my car on the the torgue setting that was suggested by arp...it was impossible to do so,as it was too tight.It was several Nm lower and it has worked fine.I believe they are wrong in that setting

Comment

Well, torque wrech I was using can go to 200Nm or so. I have to ask though, how do you tighten your wheel bolts if you can't go that high

Comment

Working...
                                X