No announcement yet.

Transformation of pleasant family car to politically incorrect monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Righty then, started grinding turbine housing, to sort horrid "k26" conversion of T3 housing. Had to leave it unfinished as, brushes from drill went kaput while I was working. Will continue tomorrow with "better" drill.
    All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Been hatching a plan to mount stock "crank pin" to fidanza flywheel. Apparently VEMS really doesn't like the original Fidanza one (a small small pin). Also painted coil cover, cam cover, intake manifold, chargecooler, chargecooler rad and DV black, matt.
      All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Nice progress!

Keep the pics coming....
        91 S2 coupé - RIP
        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Thanks Bo

More pics from today, lifted engine back to bay Some other pics too

There it is, in all it's glory

Yes, I painted compressor housing too, heat resistant matte black

Valve and Coil covers too, again heat resistant matte black

IM, same paint. Can I was using had faulty nozzle, and decided to spill paint all over the manifold.

Chargecooler rad painted black too. You can see, that it's quite large, should be enough for me

Fitted EGT probe to turbine housing.

All this with massive bruise in left leg from saturday night.

Comment

Downpipe+wastegate flanges got refitted on saturday. Managed to inflict 3rd and 2nd degree burns to my arm while doing that. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get brackets for chargecooler radiator and chargecooler welded.

Cams are still not in, and timing isn't of course spotted. Still, I'm hoping to get all done before 15th August, to at least be able to drive it to track and back.

Comment

Wow, you did some proper work on that hotside. I should have done the same incl. placing my VEMS EGT sensor

Comment

Well, today I got mounting bracket for chargecooler fabricated.

tight place that :S

Pic with filter housing off, will take pictures with filterhousing back on, as soon as I get all other bits sorted

Comment

Your car will fly man. Will you do the VEMS mapping yourself?

Comment

Fuel map I'm going to sort myself, ignition tweaks will be done on dyno.

Comment

Got coolant system back together, only to find waterpump gasket leaking

Oh well, have to scrounge new gasket tomorrow, and get it all back together.

Comment

Originally posted by gedu View Post
                        Yeah, I have VEMS running the stock turbo+manifold+intercooling, in that flaming smiley in my signature is link to pictures and dyno results
                        Do you have a larger sized dyno picture of your VEMS + K24 setup please?

Comment

Just found it: http://lh5.ggpht.com/jussitk/R_NBuDu...Q/QM8I6LFKuP4/

Comment

WOW... really nice setup!!! the chargecooler rad is a bit big!!! hehe

Originally posted by bram View Post

Says there's an error!
                            - Looking for a S2
                            - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                            - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 20vQC View Post
                              WOW... really nice setup!!! the chargecooler rad is a bit big!!! hehe

Says there's an error!
                              Yeah, it's big, but should fit under the hood. Why? Well, water-to-air cooler always needs radiator, the bigger radiator is, the better intake temps stay in control.

On other news, only startermotor missing it's bolts. Then it's ready for some cranking, first without fuel and spark of course.

Comment

Got starter motor mounted, boost piping is closed. Something is still wrong, VEMS doesn't see RPM while cranking. Hopefully I haven't broken my rpm sensor.

Chargecooler rad clears bonnet, thankfully Now to figure out how to mount hydraulic system cooler. Fitting it under car is out of question, as I don't want it to be first defense line with ice clumps and such in winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X