Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice interior pic of my project:

Allmost done with the interior

I am going to have to repaint the gauge surround but looks good nevertheless. Wiring it wasn't so bad. It was the fact that I had to dremel out the back of the heater vent that was a pain in the ***.

I sourced two yellow relay junction boxes from the junkyard I forget what you blokes? whats that mean? btw call it... One is a powerfeed now for the radio and those three gauges, and one is used as a ground. There is a jumper wire on the ground junction box to the dash frame ground points and there is a jumper wire to the other junction box used for the power sunroof, heated seats etc..

I finally figured out why my interior lights don't work ( don't ask, stupid answer, this is what happens when your working on too many things at once).. But that means I can finish wiring in the aftermarket alarm, hopefully all the interior will be in by the end of the night.

Cheers
    JOsh
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Can you tell me? Cos mine dont.. Since an alarm was removed..

Looking good BTW

Originally posted by Josh-stateside

I finally figured out why my interior lights don't work ( don't ask, stupid answer, this is what happens when your working on too many things at once)..

Cheers
    JOsh
    Last edited by newsh; 20 April 2004, 22:16.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
      Can you tell me? Cos mine dont.. Since an alarm was removed..

Looking good BTW
      For my purposes the door switches power and ground were backwards. I didn't think they were specific to where you connect but they infact are. Basically they were cross canceling each other out.

For your purposes. Could be a couple of things:

First how much of the alarm was removed? Some people assume that the triggers switches on body for the doors are just for the alarm however they are for the interior lights too.

Secondly the ignition switch can turn the lights off and on via the seat belt relay and interior light relay.

If your alarm was just unplugged it might be as simply as putting a jumper cable from one connector to another to complete the circuit. I couldn't tell you exactly what terminals you would have to jump off the top of my head and it depends on which alarm system you had. Audi changed the setups.

There can be quite a few reasons why the lights won't work, I certainly got lost in it for a while only to then go.. ah ha!

Cheers
      Josh

If I can be more help keep posting.
      I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

If I meter the switch in the headlining, the centre contact has power and if the switch is moved to the "always on" (grounded) direction the lights come on. Moving to the other position the contact has 12v on it no matter what I do with the door switches, so the lights will not come on. The door switches will however cancel the window lifter circuit when I leave the car, so I guess they're working. I have a feeling that a wire has been removed from the door switch circuit which should not have been..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, power and ground backwards would maybe do that, where do I look for the miswire?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, power and ground backwards would maybe do that, where do I look for the miswire?
            John, my alarm and lights are wired to the door switches. IIRC it's just an earth switch. follow the wire back to the front and see if you can trace it.

David

Comment

Looking good Josh! thats a LOT different to the pictures you sent me a couple of years ago!! Coming along nicely

Martyn
              Martyn
              -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Would this, for example, happen if you put a screw back in somewhere, and cut the wire and grounded it out? Or would that just simply blow the fuse?
                If its the earth wire, wouldnt it just earth out before the light?
                Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Josh, its looking very good. Hey did u make up the dial surround for the centre vent or buy it somewhere. I've seen that kind of setup a couple of times now but no idea where to get them from - if you have any details i'd be interested - even if they did the same kind of thing for just the middle vent for one dial. My boost guage is sat there are the mo but i'd like to get a decent flush fit.
                  cheers,
                  David
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
                    Josh, its looking very good. Hey did u make up the dial surround for the centre vent or buy it somewhere. I've seen that kind of setup a couple of times now but no idea where to get them from - if you have any details i'd be interested - even if they did the same kind of thing for just the middle vent for one dial. My boost guage is sat there are the mo but i'd like to get a decent flush fit.
                    cheers,
                    David
                    I bought it through a person in the states who bought through a person in europe, I believe there was a link to the site in the interior part of this forum

Flush mounted on the vent.. Simple solution.. for one gauge

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-stateside
                      I bought it through a person in the states who bought through a person in europe, I believe there was a link to the site in the interior part of this forum

Flush mounted on the vent.. Simple solution.. for one gauge

speaker mesh???

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359

Comment

Cheers

David
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Josh-stateside ,you choice the best system for your gauge , I think ,I buy the same system and grundmann@audis2fast.de do Very nice Job !!!!

Ps: he can do the system for 1 , 2 or 3 gauges
                            Last edited by PhilS2R; 21 April 2004, 20:39.
                            God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
                            It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by PhilS2R
                              Josh-stateside ,you choice the best system for your gauge , I think ,I buy the same system and grundmann@audis2fast.de do Very nice Job !!!!

Ps: he can do the system for 1 , 2 or 3 gauges
                              Hmmm.. 2 gauge surround. Maybe I will put some more gauges in the other vents.. Air intake temp before and after the intercooler Damn.. So tempting.

Comment

Working...
                              X