No announcement yet.

B3 Coupe quattro 32V V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking at ordering a fibreglass one.

Might be worth starting a thread

Comment

• dang, that's sweet!!!!

NEED ONE!
      BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
      DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

• Quick update, not done a great deal to be honest, not had the motivation as home and family life has been all over the place recently.

The turbo wouldn't have fitted in the location I chose, so glad I only made the jig thingy as a mock up and was only tack welded. I built the car up enough to get it rolling again and it's now on my driveway mocking me so I've not got the excuse of it being miles away to work on....

So new location for turbo, had to remove some items to get it to fit, expansion tank, washer fluid tank and power steering reservoir, but all can be relocated, and power steering is going in the boot anyway.

Made another jig so it cN be mocked up and tack welded then finished off with the engine out again. Turbo actually fits now, and will probably explore the idea of cutting through the inner wing for the intake at a later date. Really like the idea of using the wing space as a sort of airbox with some louvers / vents like the vw t4 vans feeding it.

Started the route from the drivers side manifold over to the turbo, it needs to be removable soo will be split with a few vbands. Going back and over the gearbox clearing the steering arms and will duck under and meet the flange. Passenger side will be pretty easy to join up as its quite a short run into the turbo from there. Really not sure on where the gate will be going yet, wherever it fits is the only answer really. And I can see me having to do some clearancing or cutting of the bulkhead to get a downpipe in there.

Will need a heat shield for brake master cylinder too, and will be wrapping the exhaust and shielding as and where.

Here's some pics for your amusement.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Thats going to be a made engine bay.

I am also thinking of an inner wing airbox of some kind, be interested to see what you come up with.
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Make sure you keep the water out of the air box
            I mounted a filter in the inner wing-seemed a good idea till it rained

Comment

• This is turning into a proper Frankenbeast - love it

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thumbs up from me!

Keep at it mate

Comment

• Still fannying about with this. Slowly getting somewhere with the exhaust routing but not fully there yet. Now that the weather is brightening up I should have it sorted soon.Been playing with electrolysis rust removal for last few days. All the suspensiony bits are a mess so I'll be cleaning then up in the coming months and repainting etc.Made myself a kit with a 65L storage box, some steel plate, battery, bit of wiring, water and some soda crystals. End result, lots of bubbles, sludge and rust just washes off with a hosepipe. Magic.Currently doing front cvs and driveshafts which have been stripped down and will be rebuilt and painted. I've got a kid on the way too, so really need to get a shift on with this while I can!
                  1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Electrolysis rust removal is great isn't it? I built a tank last year and did loads of parts.

Congratulation on the baby too
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                    X