No announcement yet.

My Audi RS2 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question is if you want to do the work on your own or not?
    if not, then pay the price and get the toy you want.Have someone to tune it for you,and then good luck keeping in touch with them if something is not working properly.

Vems works adequetly and has all features all the expensive ECUs have.It is plug and play and settings and help is somewhat open to puplic,and not a sealed tuner secret.(although that is slowly changing im afraid).

More firmware versions cover even more aspects of the engine,and it is very reliable.I do believe that there are better ecu's out there,but i wouldnt pay the loads of $$$ to get them fitted and then not work the way i would like them to.

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      question is if you want to do the work on your own or not?
      if not, then pay the price and get the toy you want.Have someone to tune it for you,and then good luck keeping in touch with them if something is not working properly.
      I agree.. Motronic tuning is cheap, until you need to change the map a little / troubleshoot.

I program my own ECU systems (had Electromotive Tec2/tec3, Autronic, Nira), except motronic (dont have emulator, or the knowledge)..
      In the dyno, for fine tuning, i let the Dyno owner do the tuning, but i`m next to him to discuss/help out.

So i know, i`m absolutely better off with a new standalone. Even if it takes more time to get the money for it.

Good to see Vems working out for you though..! It might be worth checking out for me as well, if it`s alot cheaper than Autronic and similar..
      I`ve got some MS fanatics around me, but i`m not comfortable running my expensive motor on a system soldered on the kitchen table.
      94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

sure i agree, but vems does have lots of crowd and owners already,so i presume they are doing something right.Havent heard of any ECU faults yet

Comment

how was your experience with the nira?
          a lot of my friends use IE3+ and are very happy with it..
          UrS4 with Comp CT4367,Vems and other goodies!!!! SOLD!
          New project Audi S3 with GTX 28/67...
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40308

Comment

Nira is a fantastic ecu, I would have used it except you cant use stock Audi triggers.

Not a problem if you want to redo the trigger mechanisms

Comment

Nira is a good product.. But i think it`s getting a little old school now.
              I like the Nira for programming, but i like the Autronic SM4 better. Especially with the newest 1.09 chipset..

I programmed a BMW turbo in aug/sept, with this SM4 ecu.. Made the start file at home, went out and programmed it, and all the fuel cells where flat (factor of 0-100, preset as 60) when starting the car. (base fuel line does not appear).. The car was 90% drivable without correcting 1 parameter..... The most amazing ECU i`ve ever programmed. After 1 hour programming on the road, the car had 1bar boost, approx 350hp, and was just as good to drive as stock. And that was without autotuning.. Just WB lambda reading, and manually correcting. Very easy to use imo.

The older Autronic SMC i had once, was good as well, but the newest SM4 is in its own league
              94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

trigger should not cause the problem.
                the only question i have is,who is going to map my car in germany with the Nira or Autronic SM4?
                KMS,Vems is not the problem.

Comment

Triggering is a problem if you haven't long term planned for it, the only good 60-2 solution i've seen is Jeffers on the crank seal side.

I'm not a fan of the triggering on the crank pulley, it's not very resilient.

Comment

I was just wondering how all the fast guys from Norway or Sweden solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post
                      I was just wondering how all the fast guys from Norway or Sweden solve the problem.
                      They probably do it correctly from the of and sort it out during the engine build.

OK i'll rephrase what i'm saying I don't like crank pulley triggers they have a habit of coming apart when I did my research.

Comment

in february i have to by an standalone system,my brain is already smoking...
                        i will see which system gets the ok..

Comment

Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post
                          I'm using the 034motorsport 60-2 flywheel with std V6 BT / V8 trigger mounted in gearbox. http://www.034motorsport.com/product...roducts_id=678

Comment

Autronic and Nira can use the stock trigger. I can get plug and play from both.. They cant be bought with this pnp cable from factory, but the norwegian importers can sell a cable with it, claiming to make it 100% pnp. Talked to a guy last week, that installed an SM4 in 10min on his URS4

And i would expect any experienced tuning company in the world, to be able to map these ECU`s.. They are very easy to program..
                            94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

with a base map from any supplier of VEMS you can start the car immediatelly and get it running for cruising within hours. It has taken me much more time because i had 0 experience in tuning.

Also what i dont like is that if you get an experienced tuner to do the job,he will do the tuning for perfomance and wont pay attention to little things that will make the car run like stock like idle, warm up, different outside conditions for cranking, and of course for every little change i do to the car, i would have to have him again in the car to redo the tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Ola View Post
                                Autronic and Nira can use the stock trigger. I can get plug and play from both.. They cant be bought with this pnp cable from factory, but the norwegian importers can sell a cable with it, claiming to make it 100% pnp. Talked to a guy last week, that installed an SM4 in 10min on his URS4

And i would expect any experienced tuning company in the world, to be able to map these ECU`s.. They are very easy to program..
                                I know that KRB Trading is selling a PNP solution for the sm4,the ecu i would buy in the usa, but the pnp cable i interested in...
                                what is the retail on such a thing?

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X