My Audi RS2 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ola View Post

Can`t understand how people manage to set away these cars in the wintertime.. They are a blast on snow
    Thats because you would not beleive how much rust starts in the damp / wet and salt. Even though they are galvanised they still rust! All the plating dissapears on the nuts and bolts. Just makes your about three years older in the four bad weather months.
    Yes they are superb in the snow, so is our B6 A4 tdi quattro. Don't care about that its just a normal car so it can have the crap thrown at it of the winter!
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
      Thats because you would not beleive how much rust starts in the damp / wet and salt. Even though they are galvanised they still rust! All the plating dissapears on the nuts and bolts. Just makes your about three years older in the four bad weather months.
      Yes they are superb in the snow, so is our B6 A4 tdi quattro. Don't care about that its just a normal car so it can have the crap thrown at it of the winter!
      I know very well what the winter season can bring, if you dont take care of youre car.. If you take care of it, it can handle 30 years of winter driving without problems..
      This car has been winter driven since 1992 (it was an 92` 80Q u know), and looks _very_ good underneeth

Maybe they use more agressive stuff on the road`s where you live, and i THINK the scandinavian cars are a little better treated underneeth from the factory than for alot of other countries, so maybe that has something to do with it to..

The car has a healthier life in the garage ofcourse, but thats not what i bought it for..
      When you are sideways in 4th gear @ 140km/h, you forget about all the hours washing and treating the car
      94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

Ah, you´re on an oilrig you lucky *******?

i guess the pic is from dombås? (isnt that the name at the ski resort here??)

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

and edit: Norway dont use that much salt really..

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
            and edit: Norway dont use that much salt really..
            Positively untrue.... here in Oslo, we are basically swimming in salty slush from October through April. They are absolutely nuts about the stuff, throwing salt on dry roads even at temps well above freezing. Turns a dry road with high fricton into a salty skidpad (the salt absorbs moisture, so the road gets wet). They often use salt instead of plowing, making an absolute mess in the process.
            1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
            1994 80E Avant
            1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Ah, you´re on an oilrig you lucky *******?

i guess the pic is from dombås? (isnt that the name at the ski resort here??)
              Yup Working subsea, with ROV`s, if you know what that is..

The pic is from outside my fathers company.. He`s got a heated washing room for cars and trucks there..
              The best ski resort around here, is Oppdal It`s awsome, but not enough snow right now for offpiste
              94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Ola View Post
                Yup Working subsea, with ROV`s, if you know what that is..

The pic is from outside my fathers company.. He`s got a heated washing room for cars and trucks there..
                The best ski resort around here, is Oppdal It`s awsome, but not enough snow right now for offpiste
                ah oppdal is the name yes!

you go there sometimes? im free on sundays

Comment

Originally posted by EspenW View Post
                  Positively untrue.... here in Oslo, we are basically swimming in salty slush from October through April. They are absolutely nuts about the stuff, throwing salt on dry roads even at temps well above freezing. Turns a dry road with high fricton into a salty skidpad (the salt absorbs moisture, so the road gets wet). They often use salt instead of plowing, making an absolute mess in the process.
                  Thats to bad Espen
                  Around here they do salt the roads now and then, but only when really needed..
                  94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

ah oppdal is the name yes!

you go there sometimes? im free on sundays
                    On the weekends there`s so many people there, so we usually go there on mid week days.. That way i can spend the weekends with the kids as well
                    94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

• more pics

Well, the summer wheels are back on, and i got my interior lists painted (and some custom airbrushing on the dashboard plate)
                      Just thought i could update with some pics

Getting satisfied with the looks, but still need some small details to get 100%.. new floormats, new gear linkage and minor technicalities hehe.. It`s never boring to have old cars.. You get to wrench alot (even though, ive been lucky for a while now)

94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

• Looks fantastic
                        /Thomas
                        RS2-94

Comment

• Nice work man ...
                          Yes it`s never boring to have old cars...

Elias ...
                          Audi 80 fan ...

Comment

• mate, S2 sedan is a Rare and only 3++ units.
                            U let yours GO!!!!...
                            2002 A3 8L
                            2005 TT 3.2 Quattro
                            2007 A4 Avant B7 (hers)
                            2009 100 C4
                            2009 A6 Avant (hers)
                            2010 RS2
                            2010 S2 Saloon
                            2011 KTM SuperDuke 990 Olive Green

Comment

• Originally posted by bad8008 View Post
                              mate, S2 sedan is a Rare and only 3++ units.
                              U let yours GO!!!!...

I dont know what you really are telling me here, but i can explain a little..
                              This is a fully converted 80q > RS2 spec.. 100% RS2 spec actually.. You will find all the info in this thread..

I`ve also owned a original S2 sedan 93` before, and did not mod that car because of it`s rare history..

So if you ment i ruined a rare S2 sedan, you now know better
                              94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

• Your car- lost in translation

Hi Ola,
                                I think what was meant was, that they were surprised you sold the S2 Sedan you had as so rare.
                                Don't think they meant you ruined a car for existing project !

I love the work you have done on this car, it is absolutely beautiful and unique. Excellent work and technical skills. Never tire of seeing photos of this car - keep us updated.
                                Congratulations on a superb build !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X