No announcement yet.

My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is some dedication, awesome work!
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
      Thanks guys, yea I work in IT. Self employed but sysadmin for several companies blah blah . But I was always into electronics and formally educated in electronic engineering. It has helped me get out of a few jams.

Yea I will be using addressable RGB leds , 11 on that prototype and will be using gala/ speed signal as an input . Eventually I want to read the abs from each wheel and it will tell me which wheel is slipping or where the power is going ... useless thing but it a gadget. I was always disappointed on how static the diff diagram is
      sounds excellent, count me in if you end up getting some made
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Me too, I quite like the idea and never use the diff lock myself so it would be useful for something
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Do you think this would be compatible with the URS4 which has the diff lock?
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Will do, I will start a sale thread when I have a product. Its still very early days. Although I did manage to get the microprocessor up on running on the pcb with a string of addressable leds, so thats always a good start.

According to this
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71625

The insides look the same, so I have attached a pdf that can be printed out 1:1 and cut along the black line, that will give you the dimensions of the board.
            Attached Files
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Awesome work as usual

I have some bulbs blown as well may be interested in this as well if you do decide to make some up.

Keep up the good work
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• It might be too early to say but do you think this would be the same as the URS4 difflock as i am interested in retrofitting it to my URS6.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Sorry I ment to address that question directly as above, yep I do, both boards should fit. Just to be on the safe side, you can print the above PDF, and cut it out and place it over the diff lock , it should give you an idea of its fit.
                  Eric

Comment

• Thanks.
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Finished off most of the fabric based work over the weekend.
                      Recovered all of the pillars edge trim in fake black suede.

Pity about the seat belt adjuster, its polypropylene, and none of the paints I have will stick properly to it.

Also got my little diff lock board up and running.

Quick and dirty test program with fades and disco mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-I8EZJtpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuFdU1Gflg
                      Something a bit tamer.

Now on to more serious things, like engine and gearbox reassembly.
                      Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:49.
                      Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                        Pity about the seat belt adjuster, its polypropylene, and none of the paints I have will stick properly to it.
                        I used plastic primer and just regular matte back paint. 3 years since painted and it still holds. Same with grab handles and sun visors.

Comment

• Very cool. Now all you need to do is monitor the four ABS sensors to indicate wheel spin
                          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• after seeing that I have decided to up my stake, call it a full packet of Oreo's and half a packet of fizzy cola bottles!!!

One criticism (of Audi not you) why in god's name did they put the diff lock out of site... I want to see the lights when it slips lol

Hats... off... and muchio impressio of you sir... I really like that

Comment

• Thanks all

mdz, I did try a plastic primer but it just scratched off, maybe I have the wrong one. Not gona give up

If I cannot safely tap the wheel sensors from the abs unit I might have to rethink my plans lol
                              To be honest its a little diversion before tackling the process of putting the engine back together.

Didn't the earlier cars have the difflocks on the dash?
                              Eric

Comment

• That looks really good!
                                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X