No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant To RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to do it, convert a saloon to RS2 spec. That WOULD be different, unusual, rare AND possibly worth more than you spent...
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I don't really mind how much it's worth, life isn't always about money And talking of money, there won't really be any spent on it until after the 24, as I intend drinking my body weight in French beer over the course of about 10 days whilst I watch the race build up. Running my own business means I don't get out much at home

Comment

What about converting an Audi Cabriolet into a propper RS2 with Quattro Drive and styling.
        Kind regards
        Phillip Kjær Ballegaard
        Audi 2,6E Cabriolet Vulcan Schwartz 1995
        Audi Q7 3,0 TDI Phantom Schwartz 2007

Comment

Originally posted by autohausdolby View Post
          I don't really mind how much it's worth, life isn't always about money And talking of money, there won't really be any spent on it until after the 24, as I intend drinking my body weight in French beer over the course of about 10 days whilst I watch the race build up. Running my own business means I don't get out much at home
          I like your style .
          Good luck with the project, lifes too short not to do something you really want (we're getting the bits together for a pulse jet powered Parker Knowle) and money, well you run your own business so its feast and famine.
          If you need any close up photos of RS2 bits (in situ) just shout.
          Cheersmedear
          T
          The older I get the better I was.

Comment

Originally posted by autohausdolby View Post
            Originally posted by trevithick View Post
            I like your style .
            Good luck with the project, lifes too short not to do something you really want (we're getting the bits together for a pulse jet powered Parker Knowle) and money, well you run your own business so its feast and famine.
            If you need any close up photos of RS2 bits (in situ) just shout.
            Cheersmedear
            T
            That make two of us! I often read on forums folks talking about how much money I'm spending. They said the same thing when I started my S4 to S6+ project.

I'm looking forward to watching how you go about a similar project. If there is anything I can assist with please let me know.

Comment

Well good luck with it. Just remember it will still be a WAUZZZ anot not WACZZZ. THAT is the real thing what counts.
              The RS2 Sedan was mentioned. Tots did that properly.
              What I don't understand is your point in not wanting to spend that much $$ into a nogaro blue painting and in other posts money is not the thing.
              Now I understand it it all about the job and the satisfaction of overcoming all the obstacles I wonder if you really want to do an original spec of 315hp only.
              Marcel

Comment

the code is just a symbol to the symbol minded. If it has all the parts and runs as an rs2, its good enough. The fact that when the car gets 90% of its parts upgraded to make more hp, how come it is still considered an RS2 then?

Comment

Originally posted by fendent View Post
                  What I don't understand is your point in not wanting to spend that much $$ into a nogaro blue painting and in other posts money is not the thing.
                  The difference between paint and mechanical work for me is that I am a mechanic and the satisfaction comes from doing the work myself.
                  When I have paintwork done I just send the car away to the bodyshop and it gets done, so that is just dead money. There's no fun or excitement like you get chasing rare parts or making something work properly As much as I prefer RS blau Volcano is a proper RS2 colour and it looks good when it's clean and done well so that's good enough.
                  Last edited by autohausdolby; 23 May 2010, 23:22.

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                    That make two of us! I often read on forums folks talking about how much money I'm spending. They said the same thing when I started my S4 to S6+ project.

I'm looking forward to watching how you go about a similar project. If there is anything I can assist with please let me know.
                    Thanks! It means a lot - your car is a major inspiration I'm not putting in nearly as much work as you though, especially as I'm chickening out of the colour change, and I'm not having to do it all in the US!

Comment

Good effort to your mate who's doing this project, i think it's a great idea.

There's one thing i would do and that is definitely paint it Noggy blue.

Saltinot's project is fantastic too. Good luck too you both!

Comment

Best of luck with the project lads, looking forward to reading about the details of the work involved.

Shane
                        Shane

Comment

My LHD S2 Avant with complete RS2 interior is for sale soon, I would use that as base for the RS2 conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                            My LHD S2 Avant with complete RS2 interior is for sale soon, I would use that as base for the RS2 conversion
                            Whhooooaaaaa hold on!

1st dibs!

But seriously, don't sell it

I really wouldn't get started on a RS2 project, seriously, don't do it, there are so many rare bits to find, and I need to find them first!

Good luck though!

Le Mans 2012
                            Nurburgring 700
                            1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by madpugger View Post
                              Whhooooaaaaa hold on!

1st dibs!

But seriously, don't sell it

I really wouldn't get started on a RS2 project, seriously, don't do it, there are so many rare bits to find, and I need to find them first!

Good luck though!
                              too late for that, Bram has his eyes set on a new project

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                too late for that, Bram has his eyes set on a new project
                                Well if he MUST sell, first dibs!

Le Mans 2012
                                Nurburgring 700
                                1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X