No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They do light up, but most are broken!
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• installed the MIL circuit tonight from s2central.net...very useful! atleast i can now get error codes out!
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• nearly time to bring her out of hibernation but id really like this weather to go away!

Only got 2 more months on the insurance and not sure if i can currently afford the renewal!

Comment

• Just read start to finish, busy day at work
          Definitely will be doing this to my coupe once I get some garage space
          Good job matey looks great
          Cadan

Comment

• Good luck with your project! Any questions dont hesitate to pm me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I love how many views this project has had now!

Finally got her insured and enjoying her again! Also treated her to some new lower door strips which were definitely worth the money!

Also some new wheels finally! Need a bit of tidying up first...toying on painting the centres gold...

Last edited by willg54; 7 July 2014, 10:28.

Comment

• Noooo don't go gold, your motor looks too classy for that
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• haha you're probably right!

Comment

• No, he *is* right.

Comment

• Just caught up with the last page, glad you're enjoying her

Oh, and don't go gold!

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      I've got a ctek, leave my coupe plugged into it all the time it's great
                      At my previous house i always kept the s2 on the driveway conveniently close to the garage with the ctek plugged in.

I hadn't driven the s2 in a few months, jumped in and started her up, smiling to myself at the noise of the engine and the distinct smell of the leather, then without thinking gave it a few beans and pulled in the clutch hard to jump forward and unlock any stuck brakes.

She immediately sprung into life, i felt the rear-left loosen up, and set off out of the driveway. It was only then i noticed a long thick blue cable tighten up behind me and realised what i'd done!

Luckily i hadn't gone far off the driveway and had attached the ctek to a long outdoor extension cable i'd made with ultra-thick cable. The ctek had unclipped from the battery points in the boot which i'd installed, but got caught on the inside of the boot. The extension cable was hanging mid-air trapped between the boot of the car and the garage door, having pulled the plug out from inside the garage.

If i'd have given it just another half a meter something would have given way, i suspect the black power cable going to the ctek rather than the extension cable, the garage door or the s2 boot lid.

Luckily due to the build quality of the ctek and the extension cable not a single thing was damaged, but, remember kids... always check you've bloody well unplugged the ctek before you set off
                      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• that was a palm to face moment! Definitely a good lesson to be learnt from that - could have been a whole lot worse especially if you'd manage to expose live wires!

Comment

• In all seriousness i did get me thinking about trying to build an automatically detachable power extension cable which would mean worse-case scenario in the future it would just detach without tearing any wires apart.

Now the car is in the garage this would be easy as well, because it wouldn't need to be waterproof but i was thinking of something like the outdoor 16A 3-pin plugs ive used camping before.

Comment

• Yup I've done that but I ripped the cable in half
                            Repaired it with a 30a battery connector that slips together so it will pull out when I do it again (and I mean when, not if )
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• That sounds like a good idea, might even have one handy and unused from the amp install.

Comment

• New wheels fitted

Comment

Working...
                                X