Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5cylinderman View Post
    Compare part prices here, I found their web site recently.

http://www.porschecalipers.co.uk/uk/index.html

I spoke to the guy from that website the other day. I dont like to bad mouth people but from our conversation, there is no way id trust him with a few £££s worth of brakes for a refurb!

and plus, the £11-12 for a seal when you can get seal, dust seal and piston for £16...its a no brainer!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• brakes and clutch are now all working, think we're nearly there!!

tomorrow i'll try moving it under its own power for the first time in 15 months! Then its off for tracking and a trip to the body shop. we'll soon be back in action

Comment

• Good work

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• It works!!

I think the clutch may need another bleed, bit springy when you take your foot off..hard to describe. But the 5metres I drove it felt good!

Throttle response is much better after putting o-clips on all the vacuum hoses. Hopefully that's sorted it!

I'll grab some pics and a vid after its had its first clean in over 15months!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• 1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

Comment

• Looking cracking mate
              Shame about that bit of peeling laquer just above the tailpipe - odd that it looks just like the Nordschleife. Maybe get the paint shop to sort that out while it's in there?
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• All wheels are now pointing in a straight line!!

I went to Jefferies Tyres in Bromsgrove and I have to say it was a top place! They've got all new gear and the bloke doing it takes alot of pride in his work. He got the tracking spot on, and completely ignored the tolerances, got it absolutely perfect! Went on there twice to make sure its right after a mini test drive (which i enjoyed alot )

Brakes weren't much to enjoy...needs a good bedding in and the pedal was slightly pulsing under my foot!

as for the engine, it sounds amazing although i don't recall hearing the wastegate opening like i did before...hmmmmmm

On to painting the car till tomorrow night

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Looking cracking mate
                  Shame about that bit of peeling laquer just above the tailpipe - odd that it looks just like the Nordschleife. Maybe get the paint shop to sort that out while it's in there?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Glad its all back together Will and you have had a quick chance to enjoy it!!
                    Brake pedal should smooth out once the system pressure is built up.
                    I will need my alignment doing once mine is back on the road in a few weeks, might give those guys a try
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
                      All wheels are now pointing in a straight line!!

I went to Jefferies Tyres in Bromsgrove and I have to say it was a top place! They've got all new gear and the bloke doing it takes alot of pride in his work. He got the tracking spot on, and completely ignored the tolerances, got it absolutely perfect! Went on there twice to make sure its right after a mini test drive (which i enjoyed alot )

Brakes weren't much to enjoy...needs a good bedding in and the pedal was slightly pulsing under my foot!

as for the engine, it sounds amazing although i don't recall hearing the wastegate opening like i did before...hmmmmmm

On to painting the car till tomorrow night
                      Always got my tyres from them..

Sadly the day i went to get my allignment done they were hopeless.. ended up at chemix,

Comment

• Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
                        Always got my tyres from them..

Sadly the day i went to get my allignment done they were hopeless.. ended up at chemix,
                        Weird...I know they've got all new equipment so might have changed their game. The guy was a perfectionist. on the job for nearly 4 hours!

I'll be going back there for tyres...cheap(er) Yokohamas

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
                          Weird...I know they've got all new equipment so might have changed their game. The guy was a perfectionist. on the job for nearly 4 hours!

I'll be going back there for tyres...cheap(er) Yokohamas
                          I imagine he was on holiday lol. if it wasnt for the fact i had my tools in the boot he wouldnt have got the bolts undone,.,

Comment

• I think my talent runs out at painting bodywork...its haaaaard!!!

nearly got one but done but then the last lacquer coat ran...

Comment

• Can you flat it back?

Paintwork requires a lot of patience Paint/bodywork are not my favourite thing to do.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                                Can you flat it back?

Paintwork requires a lot of patience Paint/bodywork are not my favourite thing to do.
                                yea, i've already done it. bit of patience with 1200grit sorted it. It's starting to come together. 1 more coat of lacquer tomorrow all around then it's time for lots of rubbing and buffing.

Bodywork could be quite enjoyable if you're doing a complete car i think and have the right equipment. but doing the odd bit makes life much more complex

Comment

Working...
                                X