No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point noted! I love the advice on this forum!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Just read this from start to finish. Great work!

Comment

• Originally posted by sidrick View Post
        Just read this from start to finish. Great work!
        Thanks! I was looking back the other day and it's crazy how much it's changed!

Comment

• Also just read this from start to finish, now that,s dedication and an eye for detail keep up the good work .

Comment

• Just dropped her off down the exhaust fabs...feel's like ive left a child at the nursery for for the first time

3" turbo back, sports cat and single (offset ) box being installed! It feels like xmas is on its way!!

now off to make a tool so i can rebuild the rear calipers

Comment

• Whats up with the rear calipers?
              4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
              1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
              2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

• mate, I've done it and next time I would just exchange for reconned units. Getting the internal spring cage to seat correctly while you insert the circlip is enraging to say the least. Quite a few times i was close to throwing the ****ing thing through the window! Its a massive PITA and by the time you have spent hours wire brushing the rust off, stripped them, cleaned up the handbrake lever pin, bought a new seal kit and rebuilt them and painted them you will wish you had just exchanged for £70 each!
                I have some of the odd long nosed 90deg circlip pliers you will need if you want to borrow them
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  mate, I've done it and next time I would just exchange for reconned units. Getting the internal spring cage to seat correctly while you insert the circlip is enraging to say the least. Quite a few times i was close to throwing the ****ing thing through the window! Its a massive PITA and by the time you have spent hours wire brushing the rust off, stripped them, cleaned up the handbrake lever pin, bought a new seal kit and rebuilt them and painted them you will wish you had just exchanged for £70 each!
                  I have some of the odd long nosed 90deg circlip pliers you will need if you want to borrow them
                  I thought it was going to be alot of effort but always up for the challenge. never done calipers before!

Ive had them blasted and professionally painted. Today i've made a tool to compress the spring down so putting in the circlip should be a doddle...but we'll see! I've got a special method for getting to these circlips that i'll reveal soon or later!

I thought £30 for the seal kits would be better than £140...especially after the bill for the exhaust! I love my car

Comment

• Good work Will. It's nice to see it coming together.
                    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    mate, I've done it and next time I would just exchange for reconned units. Getting the internal spring cage to seat correctly while you insert the circlip is enraging to say the least. Quite a few times i was close to throwing the ****ing thing through the window! Its a massive PITA and by the time you have spent hours wire brushing the rust off, stripped them, cleaned up the handbrake lever pin, bought a new seal kit and rebuilt them and painted them you will wish you had just exchanged for £70 each!
                    I totally agree. I brought one of my brother's Cabrio rear calipers back from the dead, as the handbrake wasn't working at all. One, because I ran out of time to do the other.

Later his local mechanic took a look at the other before an MOT, and fitted two new calipers anyway.
                    SS

Comment

• YouTube video for exhaust please!

Comment

• we'll see about the rear calipers. The idea for the long term is to upgrade so i didnt really want to buy 2 new rear calipers...upgrade may come sooner that later!

And dont worry, there will be videos of the exhaust! I'm getting it back on tuesday now, it's taking a little longer to make than planned. it's looking really good though, this guy is a complete perfectionist!

Comment

• will is there anyway you would loan/sell me your make shift crank locking tool?

Comment

• Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                            will is there anyway you would loan/sell me your make shift crank locking tool?
                            I can happily send it to you but it's looking a bit used its not a tool for hundreds of uses! bit twisted... but with a pair of stilsons like i used it should do the job!

pm me your details and i'll send it out.

Comment

• Got my car back!!! Exhaust looks spot on and sounds amazing.

Pics and video will have to wait till next weekend, I had to rush back to work.

Sorry Andy, forgot to post the tool out. I'll try to get my dad to post it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

• horray! well done mate, that was quick... ttt for pics/vids when you can

Comment

Working...
                                X