Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts ordered so far through autewo.de from audi tradition and themselves:
    Window seal (RH rear, I have the other 3 already) 895867694
    Rear quarter strip LH/RH 895853509 895853510 - from autewo.de, very good quality seconds
    Front window corner seals (triangular ones) 8G0837375A / 376A
    Boot seal 89582705a
    Rear window seals 895845321C / 322C
    Front badge 893853605
    Rear badge 411853742
    Rear S2 badge 895853735B

I planned on ordering 2 roof channel seals (the one that runs from front to rear over the doors and window), but only the RH is available at Audi Tradition, it's 275 eur and was going to cost about 300 eur to get it here, so I found 2 good second hand ones.

I need to order the windscreen seals and front door aperture seals. Everything else I will see what the originals come off like. I've never had any leaks so hoping it's all pretty good!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Theaudiman View Post
      Where's the body shop?
      Body shop is Attention to Detail in Rugby. Their work is mightly impressive, several cars in there which were/are going through complete restorations. They were very sensible on price too, having quotes up to a laughable £12k... It's going to be a full glass out and back to bare metal job. Engine etc is staying in as the engine bay is good from when I sprayed it during the rebuild. New jacking rails are getting welded on too.

Comment

• Heated windscreen picked up,cheers terrybullwon , replacement roof seals collected, good 180mile round trip!

Car goes in next Friday, hopefully 2 months later out comes a mint s2!

Comment

• Good to hear you are making progress Will
          I would strongly suggest not going back to bare metal. Sure the painter will prefer it as its a nice place to start and but don't forget the shell is galvanised and you will loose that hugely protective and irreplaceable surface coating.
          Also the original EPD coating (the e-cote primer) is unmatched by modern primers which have been weakened by regulations (in my opinion) - try and remove it and its tough as **** - Just my 2c.
          Looking forward to seeing the finished article, sure it will look stunning
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Interesting, most info has been to take it back as the old primer often reacts with the new paint. But you do make a good point about the galvanised body.

Comment

• I would suggest that this is not the case, otherwise you would never be able to do paint repairs.
              Hence my suggestion earlier to take the car to someone who knows them well.
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Unfortunately they all want 10k +. And most still take it back to metal.

Comment

• You should come to Portugal on vacations and have the car painted here, in the oficial Audi body shop won´t cost more than 3,000 € to get the car painted and probably half of that outside the oficial network!
                  Book it in advance and for that kind of money you can spend two weeks sun bathing in Algarve in a 5 stars resort while your car gets painted an still have some change for lobster and wine!

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54
                    Keep the clear ones I have
                    Don’t forget to drill the holes before the wings are painted! ( guess who didn’t.. )

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
                      You should come to Portugal on vacations and have the car painted here, in the oficial Audi body shop won´t cost more than 3,000 € to get the car painted and probably half of that outside the oficial network!
                      Book it in advance and for that kind of money you can spend two weeks sun bathing in Algarve in a 5 stars resort while your car gets painted an still have some change for lobster and wine!
                      Told the misses about this... That was a bad idea

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

Don’t forget to drill the holes before the wings are painted! ( guess who didn’t.. )
                        Ouch, not what you want to find when putting them back on!

Comment

• She's gone in! Going to be an exciting wait.

Comment

• New rims have arrived!
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Niiiice
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Cool wheels! I'm glad to see everyone has got some work going on with their S2s as of late
                                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                                X