No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just been out for my first sunny sunday drive in the S2 (now officially called Roxy thanks to the Misses!)

I...LOVE...THIS...CAR!!!! I spent most the time above 4000rpm and the average of 17MPG shows the fun I was having! And going through tunnels will never get tiring! I didnt even have the radio on once in the hour drive

Bit of knocking from the front left still which i think is the damper, so that might have to come out again, and the ABS light came on which i think is an intermittant sensor so nothing major really. Overall I'd say a great success!

Water temps sat perfectly at about 85deg C and even with spirited driving didnt really rise above 90degC ever.

Think i need to play with the seat as it feels far too high for me, bit of modding may be needed!

What next....hmmmmm......

Everyone who sees the car says it amazing, but shame about the paint i think that's the next big job!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• and some new wheels
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        and some new wheels
        Haha yes yes yes! As you can imagine, my budget for paint and wheels had vanished along time ago really. With the insurance a little more than I expect, I'm going to have to be patient (and you!)!

A trip to the ring and alps is priority before paint and wheels!

I'm pretty happy that I've met my phase 1 target of rebuilding it into a car that I can rely on...ie nothings leaking, all the bushes brakes etc are new and shouldn't be too much problem in the near future

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• found out what the knock on the front left was...spring retaining nut was about 1/8 of a turn loose! I like it when it's a simple fix

also a small pain that i've lost the locking wheel nut tool haha good job i have the removal tools...5 seconds later they're off! pretty pointless things...

Comment

• It's like finally getting a baby out of hospital, the s2 is finally with me in northampton. Made the journey without a problem time to enjoy!

Comment

• Hey Will,

Please post some photos of Roxy... Need to see what I am aiming for...my girl is getting the full rebuild between Nov 2012 - March 2013.
              Thanks
              Sean

Comment

• Nice one Will, really good to see all your hard work has paid off.
                Last edited by newsh; 23 June 2012, 19:51.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

• Ive got to say, from the outside it doesn't look all that great, paint work is really letting her down. But underneath and inside she's got inner beauty haha

I'll try to clean her up today and get some proper pictures.

Good luck with the rebuild, its worth it!

Comment

• after the disappointment of the rad breaking, i decided to treat Roxy to some new instrument cluster blubs...only to find the battery has drained over the last 48hours...damn alarm! dont think it liked me leaving the bonnet open. Now I've got to go and buy a battery charger too!

Comment

• I can recommend this one:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Car-Ba...item3cc7ff1aa2

It's a 3a trickle charger / 20a fast charger as well as an 80a jump start facility. I got mine from Costco for about £40 Not the cheapest, but it's really well made so should alst a lifetime.
                      sigpic
                      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                        I can recommend this one:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Car-Ba...item3cc7ff1aa2

It's a 3a trickle charger / 20a fast charger as well as an 80a jump start facility. I got mine from Costco for about £40 Not the cheapest, but it's really well made so should alst a lifetime.
                        My recommendation is one of these, also from Costco

http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/
                        Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                        VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                        VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                        Carrera Subway 8

Comment

• I've got a ctek, leave my coupe plugged into it all the time it's great
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• after getting the new rad installed and bled yesterday, i had a fun day of burning £20 worth of Shell's finest and loved every second! the noise just the best bit, even got a few nice bangs on shifts

Then spent the afternoon putting new bulbs in the instrument cluster and can see everything apart from the clock, so i take that as a win as non of my 90's audis ever had a visible clock haha

Comment

• don't think the clock does light up does it? I've never seen one lit up anyway
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                don't think the clock does light up does it? I've never seen one lit up anyway
                                i swear my old one 80 did at one point! but annoying you can't see it at night

Comment

Working...
                                X