Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
    Without a doubt, it has felt a bit like fixing one thing and then another needs doing the last few times I have done stuff. Next up is changing the front top mounts, lower ball joint and adjusting the KONI's. But will try to get some use over the spring first.
    You mean there's moments when this feeling disappears? Hmm, weird...

Comment

• That never stops!! Try owning a UR! It’s even older, every time that sees day light something else cracks/breaks/needs doing
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Originally posted by audiman View Post
        That never stops!! Try owning a UR! It’s even older, every time that sees day light something else cracks/breaks/needs doing
        Yeah I can imagine the UR is even worse, and more so if its been tuned.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Does my head in sometimes as some of the parts are just completely NLA. And only cheap junk repro parts can be bought
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Another MOT passed. I do need to get a new pair of tyres though. The question is what do I get? Any recommendations welcome on tyres.

I also have a set of Kumho Ecsta V700 track tyres in the shed that have some life left in them so I was thinking of getting those fitted for the summer. They are a bit deformed on the tread so not sure how long I will get out of them. Any idea how long they may last?

Also got a few good photos at Beaulieu yesterday too

IMG_20180429_153201 by Greg Smith, on Flickr

IMG_20180429_144132 by Greg Smith, on Flickr

IMG_20180429_144055 by Greg Smith, on Flickr
            Greg

Comment

• For everyday driving inc. high speed etc. You can’t beat the Goodyear’s for value. They perform well in the wet and dry. If you want an true performer then the Michelin ps4’s are awesome.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

For everyday driving inc. high speed etc. You can’t beat the Goodyear’s for value. They perform well in the wet and dry. If you want an true performer then the Michelin ps4’s are awesome.
                Any particular variant you’d recommend with the Goodyear’s? That’s what I have fitted now and have always found them to work well.
                Greg

Comment

• Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3. Probably safest to change all four not just two.

Edit. 225/45/17 size?

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-detail...y-fp#193079878
                  https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-detail...l-fp#194043721
                  Last edited by Ian_C; 30 April 2018, 22:58.
                  B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

• Greg_S You will cause zero harm to the car if fitting just 2 tyres. The eagle F1 asymmetric 3 is the one you want
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• I always thought that you have to change all 4 tires on a all wheel drive car

Comment

• Car is looking great Greg, the old OZ wheels look good with the grey paint too.

if those v700s are the ones you bought from me then i would strongly suggest they are now probably past it age wise, must be a good few years since you picked them up?

i have had contisport contacts on mine and been very impressed with them, had them on our previous estate car too, gripped wet and dry, quiet and wear was reasonable too. Goodyears always a safe bet too.
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Your S2 looks very good Greg as for tyres I use Avons very good got good grip in wet n dry absolutely no issues at all and I only drive 3-4K a year they work very well for me.

Comment

That never stops!! Try owning a UR! It’s even older, every time that sees day light something else cracks/breaks/needs doing
                            The mistake you are making Tom, is driving it. Leave it in the garage.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Your car is looking fantastic Greg! Great pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                                Another MOT passed. I do need to get a new pair of tyres though. The question is what do I get? Any recommendations welcome on tyres.

I also have a set of Kumho Ecsta V700 track tyres in the shed that have some life left in them so I was thinking of getting those fitted for the summer. They are a bit deformed on the tread so not sure how long I will get out of them. Any idea how long they may last?

Also got a few good photos at Beaulieu yesterday too

IMG_20180429_153201 by Greg Smith, on Flickr

IMG_20180429_144132 by Greg Smith, on Flickr

IMG_20180429_144055 by Greg Smith, on Flickr
                                Beautiful colour/shade indeed. Car looks fantastic. Hope we can see it and yourself on Anthony's Epic Gathering later this year!!

Comment

Working...
                                X