No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like they changed the wire colours in late 93 according to the schematic.

I'd check for 12v at pin 15 on the black B connector. If you have it there, then there is a break in the wiring or immob is faulty.

As a quick test you can try bridging the two immob loops and see if it starts
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Are the immob loops soldered in? Or done by twisting and taping or scotchloks??

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• The 205 and 364 relays placed under the dash where is electric windows relay

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoto View Post
          The 205 and 364 relays placed under the dash where is electric windows relay

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk Pro
          Thanks, i'll be checking the window relays anyway to work out why the windows are playing up too

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Are the immob loops soldered in? Or done by twisting and taping or scotchloks??
          No schotchloks in sight fortunately. With the info from Alex I have some bits to check this weekend.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Careful with the AAN schematics as they are not 100% the same.
            Pin 27 is the switched live for the ECU & coilpacks so should be +12v with ignition on. It would be a logical place to immobilise the car from, so sounds like an immob fault to me.
            Trace the ECU harness back and look for a pair of wires leading to it which will be the immob loop. The ECU harness connector B on the underside of the fuse board is the black one in the row of the larger 8 pin connectors

I've finally had a chance to take another look today.

Pin 27 on Ecu is blue/black and I have tried to check continuity to the fuse board to 15a on the attached picture but no continuity found.

Where does the other 1mm blue/black feed to? I thought it was to the POS stages but couldn't see a match there.

I've also checked with a voltage probe there is voltage present on the 5 terminals shown in the picture as switched lives which there is.

If I have this correct it looks most likely there is a break in the wire between 15a on the fuss board and pin27 on the ecu in the 1mm blue/black cable.

I was thinking of running a temporary cable from the ignition switch to pin 27 on the ecu to see if this resolves the issue. Changing the cable is going to be a PITA.

I'll also need to get new crimps for the ecu and fuse box connections if anyone who's of what items and where I can get hold of them that would be great?
            Attached Files
            Greg

Comment

• As per my post above Greg, I bet that 12v supply to the ECU is immobilised.
              Follow the loom down from that black 8 pin connector B under the fuse board - see if there is an immobiliser loop cut into it.
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Unpeel any loom tape that is not original cloth

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

• You'll not get continuity from pin 27 of the ecu to B15a because it doesn't go there.

This might sound like a daft question but have you confirmed fuse 32 is good
                  Last edited by Mikes2; 4 May 2016, 10:17.
                  Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• Im going to check the immobiliser just to rule it out again. Im pretty much certain that it is functioning correctly and isn't on this circuit.

Mike I will also double check fuse 32, is this the auxilary fuse pair with the red cover over? If it is i have checked these.

Where should pin 27 on the ecu loom connect to?
                    Greg

Comment

• it goes to B15 via the fuse 32

also should be a connection on ignition coil 4,5 - white connector T3aa (3 pin)
                      Mike

Comment

• Mike your a star I've been out again this evening. The fuse holder for 32 had disappeared into the fuse box. After fishing around behind the fuse box and reseating it I found the 20A fuse was blown. I've replaced with a 15A at present as I didn't have a 20A and the image on mikes site shows it as either.

Can anyone shed any light by two ratings are shown for this use?

After changing and checking levels fired up first time, tappers a bit noisy as its the first time she has started for quite a while. Next up is to tidy up wiring and start to tackle the list of other jobs.

Can anyone take some pictures of the under the passenger dash to show how the ECU should be mounted on its bracket?
                        Greg

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhh, glad you've finally had some luck!
                          B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

• Yeah I'm very pleased. Just got a lot of jobs to catch up on now.y
                            Greg

Comment

• Glad you're sorted.

not sure about fuse value. I suspect it possibly changed on later cars to the higher value
                              Mike

Comment

• jut checked the wiring diagram which shows 20 A for s32
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X