No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll see if I can get some more this week. I had a about 15 mins this afternoon to take another look with a fresh head.

Ive been using a voltage test probe and the two "Moteur fuses" were my first port of call today. I should have taken a picture at the time too, anyhow one is permanent live when tested and the other I assume is ignition live?
    One of them never gets a voltage when the immob and ignition is on or when turning engine over so I reckon this is a good place to start and will check the wiring diagrams and start to check the wiring from the immobiliser also
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I agree with John, sounds like immobiliser issue to me
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• just chase the immobiliser wires; you may have to unbolt the fuse box to get to the wires, unless the fitter has been really lazy.

I identified to places that both prevent starting. One is the fuel pump and the other was spark related. Can't remember if I wrote it down or not
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Would be worth knowing the both of the "moteur" fuses should be live when the ignition is on?
          Greg

Comment

• I'll go and meter the 2 fuses now Greg.

On both mine and Keith's the fuel pump wire was cut into near the ECU.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• I'll start poking about this week, its not too bad to get to the immobiliser, just get the use S2 crick neck and sill back ache
              Greg

Comment

• Ok on my car, I just took the orange cover off the 2 motor fuses. Looking into the fuse box from the front of the car. Left one is powered all the time, right one is powered only when ignition switch is on.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Perfect, that answers my question. Will get on with tracing the wiring next. Thanks for the help all
                  Greg

Comment

• Just wondering if it could be the ignition switch, I think there may be a failure mode where it cranks but doesn't fire up? Not sure, I know I had to replace mine but don't remember the exact symptoms.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Not a bad idea, i'll see if it is getting the right supply to it also
                      Greg

Comment

• I decided to start with the ignition switch this evening which is also where the immob is connected. Pin 15 black is a switched live and I have verified that the immobiliser is switching the return line of this circuit.

Also it is connected to 50 on ignition switch. Again I've verified the immobiliser is switching this circuit in its return line.

Next up I was going to trace back from the 15 amp right hand fuse "moteur" fuse which isn't going live and try find it in the loom. Looks like one is green and the other is green/black. Will see if I can find wiring diagram from some of other posts.

It still could be a poor solder joint or broken wiring from return of immob on ignition switch too
                        Attached Files
                        Greg

Comment

• I've been taking a look through the quattroworld wiring diagrams and Mike's site.

At present I'm trying to trace where the red/black and black cables from ignition switch connect on to. And second where the the 15a fuse is fed from
                          Greg

Comment

• Page 35 http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schematics/ABY_Wiring.pdf shows 87a with right colours for the 15a fuse on "moteur" and connects to track 46. Still tracing back ignition switch.

Looking at wiring diagram again it relies upon the fuel pump relay J17 being energised.

Ive tracked down the wiring diagram for ignition switch on Paul's site http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schematics/D/D44-07.pdf

Does D50 (ignition switch) map to this schematic starter B50?
                            http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schematics/B/B73-01.pdf

As starter is running I'm going to discount that circuit.

Next up is rail 76 which connects to a voltage regulator, voltage doesn't appear out of order though.

Need to trace where 132, 197, 22,190, T10/5 and that the x relay is working
                            Greg

Comment

• Often the power supplies off terminal 87a of the fuel pump relay are severed with an immobiliser loop, so check that. A problem there would explain the issue.
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I'll double check but the whole immob loom was off the ignition, I'll make sure though
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X