No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eezibleed works exceptionally well on our vehicles.

Comment

• That's good enough for me, I read a couple of reviews online saying to watch out having too much pressure in your spare, what do you normally use?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I used 15psi from a spare tyre on my lads S3 and it worked perfectly. I've used 20 psi + on the S2 without issues. Some cars can blow master cylinder seals if you use too high a pressure, but you should be fine with S2 and a sensible amount.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Thanks all, will get myself an ezbleed this week and see how I get on.
          Greg

Comment

• http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=BRake+bleeder

Just a heads up...would recommend this over the ezibleed
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• I just drop the front tyre pressure to 20 psi and pump up after, good time to check them all -I have a compressor so pretty easily done.

If you use too much pressure it will pop of course, but then so will anything you use outside of design spec

My first one lasted me 10+ years, second one is still going very happily a few years on.

Comment

• Well I've been out and made a bit of progress this evening, but also an annoying boot head snapped off so been trying to get the shank removed from the strut when removing the bracket routing the brake pipes.

On the plus side I have been able to wirebrush most the the inner arch ready to sort out surface rust and removed the arch liner to get better access.
                Getting the bolt shank out of the strut has used most of my time this evening and several drill bits so far, I may end up taking the strut off so I can do it on the bench and also repaint the strut, the por15 hasn't done bad and has lasted about 8 years. I'll take a few pictures when I have a chance next. Once it's all tidied up I will have alignment done as I changed the lower ballpoint a while ago and will do the drivers side before the alignment is done.

What is the best way to check the condition of the koni shocks? There is no oil leakage.

I should have a new battery at the weekend too so I can get the brake fluid changed. Ap got back to me on torque settings, mainly for my reference the ap caliper to bracket and bracket to strut are 58nm and the banjo bolt 25nm.
                Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=BRake+bleeder

Just a heads up...would recommend this over the ezibleed
                  Thanks, I will take a look at this one. Been a while since I've been able to think cars
                  Greg

Comment

• I always use air tools for removing those bolts now. They're only M6 and almost always shear with hand tools
                    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                      I always use air tools for removing those bolts now. They're only M6 and almost always shear with hand tools
                      Mike, do you mean buzz them off quickly, or cut them off with an air chisel?
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Impact gun
                        Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• I have been looking at compressors for ages but haven't been able to justify getting one yet. Good tip though.
                          Greg

Comment

• 50 Litre Air Compressor & Tool Kit - 9.6 CFM, 2.5 HP http://r.ebay.com/K08qv1

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

Also looking at what paint to use on the chassis again, the por15 I did about 8 years ago needs redoing again so in two minds on what to use this time, any suggestions?
                              For Chassis repairs i'd use this.......

I first used this stuff 25 years ago when i was still a young lad, always wanted to use the best stuff as you do. It's brilliant and i still have a couple pieces lying around i treated all those years ago and it's still in perfect condition!

Excerpt from their website..........

Scotch® 1617 Zinc spray is an ideal cold galvanizer, that provides permanent protection against rust and corrosion by electrochemically bonding with the metal surface it is sprayed onto. Scotch® 1617 has excellent adhesion to iron and steel, is resistant to weathering, UV radiation, moisture, heat up to 500°C, alkaline solutions and mineral oils. It is an ideal primer for metal constructions, and complies with DIN 50976 (zinc content) and DIN 53167 (corrosion protection).

I've not done any serious body spraying repairs for years,Thanks Audi, but i would probably go over that with Isopon Zinc 182 at least a couple coats and then top coat colour of your choice.

Hth.
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Thanks both. I will have a look around at the reviews. I was going to clean the area up with soapy water and then degreaser to try get read of any dirt before I paint it.

I still haven't managed to remove the bolt from the strut so I'll take it off and tidy up and check the settings on the koni shock.

I've seen the SGS Compressors ones a few times. I was looking at this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162200046768 As I thought if I'm going to get one. I should get something we some more capacity.

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                                For Chassis repairs i'd use this.......

I first used this stuff 25 years ago when i was still a young lad, always wanted to use the best stuff as you do. It's brilliant and i still have a couple pieces lying around i treated all those years ago and it's still in perfect condition!

Excerpt from their website..........

Scotch® 1617 Zinc spray is an ideal cold galvanizer, that provides permanent protection against rust and corrosion by electrochemically bonding with the metal surface it is sprayed onto. Scotch® 1617 has excellent adhesion to iron and steel, is resistant to weathering, UV radiation, moisture, heat up to 500°C, alkaline solutions and mineral oils. It is an ideal primer for metal constructions, and complies with DIN 50976 (zinc content) and DIN 53167 (corrosion protection).

I've not done any serious body spraying repairs for years,Thanks Audi, but i would probably go over that with Isopon Zinc 182 at least a couple coats and then top coat colour of your choice.

Hth.
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X