No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dash bulbs ordered and utility room moving forward. Annoyingly fractured copper elbow changing a rad so go that to sort out now. Reckon a week or so before plastering and then get some time to work on the car
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• After getting the forum done I managed to get a few minutes to work on the s2. Fixed the horn as it randomly stopped working, it was a poor connection on the steering ring and changed the blown bulbs on heater dials and oil pressure gauge. The dab radio has decided it has no signal since doing the heater matrix, it has to wait as the daily decided not to start and turns out my lad has been turning the interior lights on in the back of the car and draining the battery. Fortunately the battery out of the s2 fits straight in and bulbs have now been removed from the back of the car to stop it happening again.

im hoping the battery will charge ok and I'll get the s2 running again then.
      Greg

Comment

• Keep up the good work Greg. Some pics would be nice, as we've not seen your motor in years.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• I'll see if I can get some over the weekend, revising for exams this week aswell so will try get a few in between. Not too much has changed visually, just a good clean and headlights back to standard
          Greg

Comment

• Got the horn working again tonight and refitted battery. I've not been happy with gear selection, I'm sure I've seen a guide on adjusting the gear lever but can't find it. Any pointers?
            Greg

Comment

• Been a few months since I’ve had a chance to work on the S2. Started work to change the timing belt today with a couple of issues to deal with. After getting the front end apart I found the crank locking tool I had bought doesn’t look like it’s compatible with mine, see the pictures. Got all the t8ming marks line up fine just need to get a crank locking tool that fits now.

can anyone loan a crank locking tool? And or have one for sale that will fit?

the other minor hiccup was ordering the wrong pas belt, new on on order which will be here in the next few days. Ordered myself a universal camshaft locking tool to make life easier when removing Allen bolts as well.g

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 5 photos.
              Greg

Comment

• That looks 180 out.... I think you have the correct tool, just the crank v-belt pulley is bolted to the timing belt pulley in the wrong position.

Crack the bolt with it in wrong position, and then rotate 180 lining up marks and remove the 4 allen bolts and main bolt entirely.

Reassemble the correct way round -my guess is it was done with an impact wrench last time....

Comment

• It’s not that simple I don’t think, when I did align the locking tool in the correct position the locking tool bolt seems too short to fix to the block securely, i’ll See if I can take another picture tomorrow
                  Greg

Comment

• See attached images for where the locking tool doesn't quite fit. The bolt isn't long enough to reach the block and the metal tube is about 20mm short. Unless I'm missing g something
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Greg

Comment

• https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...g-tool-part-no

Comment

• Thanks, I’m going to try a local fabricator to see if I can get a tool made that will fit similar to the 2084 tool, from the pic on the ADI timing mark thread the crank position does look correct
                        Greg

Comment

• Greg, I got the transporter locking tool, which is a simpler beast but should work. I say should, I as used a flywheel locking tool on my build, rebuild of my build and the original cambelt change in 2007.

I can send you the locking tool or they're about £30-40, it requires a 3/4" drive and a big bar.
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                            Greg, I got the transporter locking tool, which is a simpler beast but should work. I say should, I as used a flywheel locking tool on my build, rebuild of my build and the original cambelt change in 2007.

I can send you the locking tool or they're about £30-40, it requires a 3/4" drive and a big bar.
                            Do you have the part number for it?

I was looking through old threads and found Jon441cc modified the 3256 tool to add an extra tube and longer bolt to fix it. Im questioning if I fitted the damper on the front in the correct orientation. I could undo with the tool as is by getting some bricks underneath while i crack the bolt and then rotate back for the correct timing, but doing back up is more difficult.

Im not getting rid of the S2 anytime so it would make sense to buy, otherwise I was looking at modifying the tool I have. When I rebuilt I locked the flywheel so could do that otherwise
                            Greg

Comment

• I have a tool you can borrow mate. It's a 2084 tool I modified for use with an ABY pulley assembly - it uses the snub mount to lock the pulley.
                              I can pop it in the post for you mate, I won't need it for a few weeks
                              PM me your address
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Details on their way
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X