• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, that has fresher up the front end compared to the blackout versions
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Tried Audi for timing belt, crank bolt and washer but can't get hold of them. Where am I best to source them from? I need an RS2 belt crank bolt washer for crank pulley and pas belt
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

I prefer the look with the OE style headlights I think.
        Greg, you're right, maybe the front grille might be the next item to improve - S2 grille for an S2 Coupe. Matches the grilles on the S2 bumper. Just sayin.........

YMMV

Under skin upgrades the better bet, with an oem exterior on a now classic car.

Glad the engine is good again after the grief of few years ago.

Regards.

Last edited by macspring; 31 July 2016, 19:56.

Comment

• That's true, hadn't really considered. Changing the grille back. I will get hold of another standard grille soon so I have the option
          Greg

Comment

• RS2 grill for life

Looks loads nicer with the stock elipsoids in Greg
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Just sorting out bits ready to change the cambelt.

Does anyone have a locking tool that I can borrow?

Also searching around for bits. Is there a xref part number for the RS2 timing belt or is it from audi tradition only now?

Also the crank bolt and the diamond washer I need to get, didnt have the part number for the washer?

034109119C RS2 Timing belt 59EUR on tradition
              034105229A Crank bolt 18.27EUR on tradition
              ?? Crank Washer
              034 903 137 B Alternator Belt
              034 260 849 E PAS Belt

The idler and water pump have covered less than 1500 miles since they were last changed so will be leaving those be.
              Greg

Comment

• S2 Coupe 12 years on

Seems to be common practice to fit a new lower toothed pulley as a lot of them seem to break the keyway if re-used.
                You can get a steel one off Chef and never worry about it again [emoji41]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                  Seems to be common practice to fit a new lower toothed pulley as a lot of them seem to break the keyway if re-used.
                  You can get a steel one off Chef and never worry about it again [emoji41]
                  Yeah I forgot to list that, I'm going get one from chef to be on the safe side

034109119C RS2 Timing belt 59EUR on tradition
                  034105229A Crank bolt 18.27EUR on tradition
                  034 105 193 Crank Washer
                  034 903 137 B Alternator Belt
                  034 260 849 E PAS Belt
                  Greg

Comment

• Greg, I have a locking tool you can borrow
                    Drop me a PM
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Pm on its way over. I'm going to be ordering a few bits from tradition so if anyone else wants to add a few items and save on postage let me know
                      Greg

Comment

• Coupe door seals to be ordered. The ones in the door card and in the pillar.

895867691 01C
                        895867692 01C
                        895867693 01C
                        895867694 01C

Ive been fighting with Audi tradition again, it is a horrific site to use, but it does save your cart at least. I still cant find the crank washer anywhere at present.

I replaced the washer when the cambelt was done last, so looks like I will need to make sure its clean and reuse it. Almost finished on my kitchen now and started a new job a couple of months ago so my time for everything else has been quite limited lately. I have been gradually accumulating a few parts in preparation though.
                        Greg

Comment

• Greg sounds like your doing a great job with your S2 mate I might sound a bit daft here but which seals have you ordered and how much were they if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

Comment

• I haven't ordered them yet as the tradition shop is shockingly bad for search. I'm going to be ordering the door rubbers that go in the corner of the door cards on the coupe amongst other parts. It's been 5 years since I rebuilt the engine last and the cambelt needs to be done before I can put back in the road. I fitted an rs2 water pump at the time so need the rs2 belt that can only be sourced from tradition now. I don't think the ABY belt is compatible because of this. Ridiculously from tps all you can buy is the crank bolt and you can't get the washer for the crank from tps or Audi tradition
                            Greg

Comment

• Well I've finally managed to get an hour to myself and some time to start jobs on the car for a little while. Got out there tonight and removed the left calipers ready to get one of the pistons and seals replaced and started to tidy up a few bits of surface rust.

I need to get the rim of the arch treated and sprayed, any advice on removing the wing?
                              Greg

Comment

• A little more progress tonight, a1 rally sport replaced the piston and seal on the sticking one on my ap caliper. Got it refitted tonight. But I couldn't find the fitting book for the ap kit so I couldn't find the torque setting for the caliper to carrier bolts. Anyone know? I'm going to get in touch with ap direct as the manual on their site says to refer to the vehicle specific manual. I lost most of the evening to trying to find the manual.

I need to change the brake fluid now aswell. Any recommendations on brake bleeding kits? I've been looking at the gunson ezbleed but not sure of what is best to go for?

Also looking at what paint to use on the chassis again, the por15 I did about 8 years ago needs redoing again so in two minds on what to use this time, any suggestions?
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X