No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent! Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• She passed the MOT with one advisory on the lower ball joint. As I will likely need to get the wheel alignment done after changing it I thought I may change both of the lower ball joints on the front. Before I purchase some are there particular brands that someone could recommend and/or a source for them?

If not i'll check the usual suspects:
      • TPS
      • GSF
      • ECP

Ive goto have the rear brakes off again though as there is very slight contact you can hear and a high pitch noise so must be catching a bit. But as I didnt have an MOT I couldnt do a road test until I get her taxed so thats on the list of jobs. Doubt i'll get much done for the next 2 weeks as ive got two stag parties over the next 2 weeks
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• nice one, I have the MOT pleasure myself this week i hope. Lets hope it passes too
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Lemforder should be a good brand for parts like balljoints etc. going by the reviews on here. Otherwise Meyle is an option and pretty cheap, they have been fine on my car.

Comment

• Thanks, i'll check out Meyle and Lemforder. What make are the OE ball joints?
            Greg

Comment

• Well ive got the brakes all sorted now and resolved the hum I was getting which was caused by the brake shield just touching the disk.

I had to take a few pics for the valuation so thought id add them here:

Audi S2 by audirs2, on Flickr

Greg

Comment

• Looking good and congrats on the (nearly) clean bill of health for the next 12 months...

There's a lastchance30 discount code currently valid for ECP. I just picked Lemforder Left & Right balljoints and a pair of tie rod ends to refresh my front suspension - £76 all in delivered to my door - can't complain...
                AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• looking in rude health in those pics Greg
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• I agree, it's looking great!
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Very nice looking car in that colour and nice to see it with it's original unmolested upholstery.Now i have said it i suppose it's getting ripped out for black
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• No I'm keeping the interior colour, only change I've made is the recaro trend line seat but I could do with a matching one. I'm planning on getting a pair of recaros and fabric from Audi tradition to keep interior colour
                        Greg

Comment

• Call me old fashioned but i love this grey colour audi used that others so hate. Good to hear your keeping it that way.Will look even better with the RS2 style recaros? Mine are what you need in exactly the same colour you need.....only i am using them in my avant.Mind you they were advertised on this forum 2 years ago now, Mint, for weeks but no one bought them. I got them of ebay as soon as i clapped eyes on them sharpish.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Well if you come to sell them let me know and I'll see if money will allow, I'm lucky to have her on road this year was in Budapest for a stag weekend last week, another tomorrow and a 3rd in august so money is getting low now
                            Greg

Comment

• Sounds like your a busy boy.Will you be making it to ADI? If so see you there.
                              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Great to see her back on the road and looking good Greg

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X