No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use Performance Friction fluid in the track only cars and Motul RBF600 in everything else. None Audis though although that should make very little difference.

Comment

• Well another year has passed and the house renovations and family continue to expand. Good news is that I have a second recaro the match the drivers seat now. Just need to make a subframe from some old seat bases that I had from acid burn a long time ago.

Got through the MOT without too many problems. I freed off the ap calipers and emery papered the corrosion on the Pistons to free them up, but will get them refurbished next.

Once I get the bathroom finished and doors fitted at home I can get back to giving the Audi some attention
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Wrong... once the bathroom is done you'll have to start on the kitchen

I'm not the only one with a car suffering as a result of expanding family + house renovations then! Just be glad you didn't decide to buy a house with 4 bathrooms all needing gutting

My car is about to complete it's third 12 months SORN stint in 5 years; hoping to fit the 2nd KW very soon and then the rears late August bank holiday.

ADI 2016 maybe?

We should have a sub-forum for house renovation pics + ideas, perhaps I could be more involved in the forum then
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Ohh,please guys stop ,I am on the same boat then. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post

Wrong... once the bathroom is done you'll have to start on the kitchen

I'm not the only one with a car suffering as a result of expanding family + house renovations then! Just be glad you didn't decide to buy a house with 4 bathrooms all needing gutting

My car is about to complete it's third 12 months SORN stint in 5 years; hoping to fit the 2nd KW very soon and then the rears late August bank holiday.

ADI 2016 maybe?

We should have a sub-forum for house renovation pics + ideas, perhaps I could be more involved in the forum then
            Originally posted by Costash View Post
            Ohh,please guys stop ,I am on the same boat then. LOL

Not a bad idea on the sub forum, I'll canvas some opinions as a lot of us are quite hands on.

I know your pain on bathrooms, this is the 3rd and final one for this year which has taken me since January. Kitchen will have to wait for now as I need money to do that and gave to replace windows next.

What renovations are you both doing?
            Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by Costash View Post
              Ohh,please guys stop ,I am on the same boat then. LOL
              me too
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                Not a bad idea on the sub forum, I'll canvas some opinions as a lot of us are quite hands on.

I know your pain on bathrooms, this is the 3rd and final one for this year which has taken me since January. Kitchen will have to wait for now as I need money to do that and gave to replace windows next.

Finished the bathroom and new central heating and started with the living and dining room complete refurbish (ceilings down ,sound proof insulating ,flooring , patio doors etc) all good fun

Comment

• I reckon we could have a diy sub forum with the number of Us Working on projects.
                  Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

I'm also renovating the house and expanding the family!!!!!!!

Comment

• It's always useful to share tips
                      Plus I ould share a picture of the 6'3" thistle I cut down in the garden yesterday
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• All I can offer is pictures of re pointing, or in some S2 related pictures I could show a picture of a bag of sand in the boot of the S2 after going to Wickes

Comment

• DIY is still taking up most of my spare time. But I do have some new headlights to fit now. Ive been looking on vagcat but couldnt locate the fittings for the top of the headlights. Can anyone tell me the part numbers or sizes? Its just the two in the top of each headlight and any other plastic grommets needed
                          Greg

Comment

• Some help and advice needed, been getting ready for ADI tomorrow but can't get the car started. I suspect it's a fuel pump or immobiliser problem.

Can anyone tell me the relay location for the fuel pump so I can check it out, I've checked fuse 13 which is all fine. If I can't get sorted I'll be in the Passat
                            Greg

Comment

• Just checked relay 208 and it is functional when bench tested. But I can't feel it clicking with or without immobiliser disabled so wondering if that is the issue
                              Greg

Comment

• Pull the cover off the 208 relay and manually close the contacts whilst cranking, see if it runs.
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X