Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
      Seems everyone except me is up and running again lol
      Great to hear all back on track Greg.
      Be good to see some old faces at a meeting soon
      Yeah I want to get to a few events this year and get the S2 out and about. How long until you will be up and running again do you reckon?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Barring any further mishaps, hoping really soon now. All about waiting for me as being done not by me.
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Ah I see, mine has been a bit like that. But more for me being able to get leave from work to come and do it, had to build up time of in lieu this week as I had already used my years leave up doing the car etc
          Greg

Comment

• Been scuppered a little bit this morning trying to get car taxed online as hasnt shown up on askmid yet so gonna have to chase that up this morning.
            Greg

Comment

• Been out for a couple of shakedown runs and is looking promising so far. Exhaust knocks a little if engine judders at low speed, and can hear the downpipe tapping the subframe so will have to see what I can do with that, needs a bit of foam there to absorb it, but on the downpipe it would probably be melted to the exhaust instead.
              Greg

Comment

• well done Greg on getting it sorted...good to see it back on the road!
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Great to hear this Greg, you made some pretty rapid progress this past couple of weeks

Look forward to seeing the car on the road at the next s2forum event!
                  AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Yeah I had a bit of a push on getting stuff done, knowing that I had to get her back in one piece so I could drive home rather than get a bus or train helped focus the mind a bit more!
                    Greg

Comment

• Good job mate

Darren

Comment

• Wow.... well done Greg. Glad to hear you have her up abnd running. You'll have to tell us all what it's like when you open her up.
                        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Congrats Greg! highly jealous could do with getting mine on the road tbh

Comment

• Havent managed to get out and do that many miles with the crap weather lately, but clocked up 190 miles on new engine now. Had a trip down to Pete to get a few more bits and little odds and sods I needed too. Got a minor problem on warm start intermittently where the engine turns over but then dies as soon as you come off the start on iginition. But if you blip throttle it all runs fine? Any ideas, also its itermittent, but only when warm. Havent pulled codes yet so thats the next port of call.

When the weather is a little nicer going to prep the body work on front arches then take to get sprayed up.
                            Greg

Comment

• Just been reading through poor warm start abyas I am having issues with warm start on mine.
                              So far I have pulled the codes and got the usual G28 speed sensor. But also 00543 for maximum engine revs exceeded, seems odd since the engine has been no where near 7200rpm since the rebuild.

I cleared the codes and restarted but re appeared. Also when running today idle revs were quite high, sitting about 1200-1300 rpm on idle. When turn engine over it fires and let start position on key off and engine dies, doesnt go over about 500rpm as starting. If you blip the throttle on starting up engine starts up fine.

Also tried disconnecting the MAF connector to see if that could be it and same with the MAP and TPS but to no avail. Been wondering if it could be that i have connected the two hall senders on the bell housing the wrong way around? Could remember what the function of each one is?

Also during the rebuild I fitted a new cam position sensor so this should be fine, will need to get an oscilloscope to check that properly. Been wondering if it could be the injectors that are the issue, but I dont have a spare set of RS2 injectors to try that theory out with. If I fitted a set of EV14's I would then need a remap wouldnt i? Could get them cleaned maybe I guess.
                              Any ideas on what it could be?
                              Greg

Comment

• I had another thought last night, could it be a faulty MFTS misreporting the engine temperature when the engine is warm?
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X