No announcement yet.

Coupe quattro 20vT? or v8 4.2L? conversion # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American guys are "Livin' Mi Vida Loca"!!!

What we won't do to have an S2 Coupe. The cars are like Latin Women. Demanding, flattering, insolent, fiery, spoiled but JEEEEEZZ can they put a smile on our face. I may not have an S2 but I have a Latin woman!!

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
      What we won't do to have an S2 Coupe. The cars are like Latin Women. Demanding, flattering, insolent, fiery, spoiled but JEEEEEZZ can they put a smile on our face. I may not have an S2 but I have a Latin woman!!

LMAO!! that's a good one Panzer.
      Sounds like Audilard is going to have one fantabulous coupe. Audilard, since you have a rollcage, that means you must go all out...your car deserves EFI and one of the 034 hybrid turbos!! The handling of that car must be amazing. If I had a coupe, I'd have a cage too. Unfortunately, No cage for my sedan...
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

The car handles curves like my hands around my wife's......

WOAHHH...all that talk about latin women got me sidetracked....

Right now I really am confused on what to do about the engine choices. I want to go 034efi and mammoth turbo, but I'm a rookie when it comes to AR ratios, block specs, pistons....etc. I should have been a mechanic's son..
        Darin
        1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

BTW....info about the coupe can be found here:

www.killjoy.net
          Darin
          1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

Hi darin

I remember a post. you said something like: " your spending too much time on motorgeek".

Sounds like I can say the same to you.

After all this guys. Plans are changing once again.

Seemingly I am going to do a MC II 10v turbo setup. The MC II motor is a dual knock sensor motor with the same bore as the 20vT bottom ends. Good to know for future thoughts. (still going to do 034efi). Actually I am going to intergrate the stock wiring harness from the coupe quattro to work with it.

Hopefully I can find a low milage motor. I spotted two of them but my email server is down. I'm addicted to much to hp. So fook naturally aspirated. Should be a rather quick engine swap. I am pulling everything out of the engine bay. I am also cutting out the battery box and respraying the engine bay.

I mind as well do it completely. The power steering rack needs to be changed and I need to install a different tie rod. It just makes sense to completely go through the car.

On a side note:

My parts were shipped from germany today.

3b downpipe
            3b throttle body
            3b throttle cable
            3b S2 rear light harness

I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Josh IS "Livin' Mi Vida Loca"!! Hey Josh, question?

You said> My parts were shipped from germany today.
              Whom do you get your parts from? I'm trying to source a rear S2 Bumper.
              Talk to Alex at Europrice & he just told me aprice that even made his eyes roll.

Anybody else you got in mind for this part?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-stateside
                I remember a post. you said something like: " your spending too much time on motorgeek".

Sounds like I can say the same to you.

:
                I know, I know.....but I agree, hp is sooooo addicting....

I'm also thinking of going 034 instead of bothering with the stock ecu and all that wiring. Being Christmas and having 2 girls and a wife make it hard to justify spending the $$ right now on it though. Oh well...
                Darin
                1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-stateside
                  Hopefully I can find a low milage motor. I spotted two of them but my email server is down.
                  Josh, there is a complete MC engine on audifans for $300 in New York. IIRC you are around there aren't you?
                  Darin
                  1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

josh didnt you originally swap a 10v into your coupe? then dropped a valve soon after finishing the swap?

trying to remember aw/vortex posts from years ago

-b
                    Im not the percent you think survives,
                    I need sanctuary in the pages of this book...

Comment

Originally posted by quattro4Life
                      josh didnt you originally swap a 10v into your coupe? then dropped a valve soon after finishing the swap?

trying to remember aw/vortex posts from years ago

-b
                      The story behind the first coupe:

The previous owner really fooked up this car. However it had 66,000 miles on it and for the price it was worth to me.

Sapposely it had a rebuild head. It was ported and polished. It's hard to say if the vavles were changed or left alone. It had a copper head gasket for a higher compression. The cams were also reground.

I never could get the motor to run right. Stupid hitachi injectors and electronics really fooked with me. So I finally get it running right, and I left it for a while running in the garage. Next thing you know it.... Noise you don't want to here.

It was a 20v motor. I still have the head. The hitachi system is really ****e in my opinion. I was talking to guys in germany and they say that they can't even give away hitachi coupes.

So what can you do. Needless to say I buy another hitachi coupe quattro. However keeping hitachi was never in my intentions.

The engine harness is a good start for standalone 5 cylinder. I can wire in the 034 ecu preity easily.

We're so lucky. If you don't mind custom. There are many options out there for motors. I've been researching all options. I can't necessarily decide on what I want to do. However I figured I at least source 20v parts. Worse case senario I can sell my parts.

10v has a lot of perks. There are many 10vT motors in my area. However would want a MC II bottom end to start because it has dual knock sensors and a better compression ratio. Not to mention some other stuff too.

Self-sufficient. This phrase has been in my head for the past week. I will save the most money if... IF> I am self-sufficient.

So if I want to go 10v, I want to find a low milage motor. Less than 100,000 miles. I will pay the extra money to get a low milage motor then pay less and have to take the head to a shop to get machine work done.

It's really difficult to make a decision on what engine to put into the coupe. I even had the thought of building a 16vT. I figure I could cut the 5th runner off an aan intake manifold and 3b exhaust manifold, buy some JE pistons and have a blast. There would be plenty of room for intercoolers and radiators and everything else.

All kinds of options.

I am even looking at 20vT with an aan intake manifold using a b4 radiator setup and a AC radiator to keep a liquid/air cooler cold. I'd stick a liquid cooler where the factory 5 cylinder radiator would normally be placed.

I can't decide. It may depend when I am ready to buy a motor and what's out there for prices.

Nevertheless it will be a struggle between being self-sufficient and needing some help from some shops in my area.

Cheers
                      Josh
                      I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Working...
                      X