RS2 restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 restoration

I've started with restoring my blue RS2. I've postponed the restoration until the Sport Quattro was finished. Else I would have gone mental...

So i've stripped down the whole car. send it to the painters last week. So should be back with fresh paint and all nice and straight again without dents next coming weeks.
    A couple of pics as proof Fuel lines were rotten, the new ones have arrived from the stealers. Ordered new AC rad, and coolant rads. I also mounted a removable towbar.

Last edited by Jeffer; 22 January 2012, 19:08.
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Wow! What happened with that car? Looks rusty everywhere!

Good luck jeffer!
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

nice project Jeffer
      Are you restoring it to OEM spec or using some upgrades too?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Well done Jeffer, it will be a nice project to watch..... keep the pictures coming..

Darren.

Comment

is your next project going to be a caravan?

Comment

Hi,

I have a Trailer Hitsch for my Rs2 from Westfalia but no ball head. Which one is that?

Regards
            Audi 80 1.6TD Dailydriver
            Audi 90 20V Quattro Sport
            Audi 90 20V Quattro Sport
            Audi S2 Coupe ABY
            Audi S2 Avant
            Audi RS2 Avant Nogaro Blue
            Audi RS2 Saloon Nogaro Blue

Comment

Will be great to see her finished, got a horrible feeling my fuel lines are in similar condition next on my list of never ending things to do Keep the pics coming

Comment

How could it get in this state to begin with? Im sure it will look like new though when you are done with it mate
                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

It's in pretty bad condition indeed. Actually it was worse when I bought it almost 6 years ago. At was from a dutch audiforum member and the car got stolen from him at one point. It wasn't retrieved within a couple of weeks, so the insurance paid the owner. After 9 months or something, they found the car again in Rotterdam. It had swiss plates mounted on it. The police found it suspicious the car was sitting there for such a long priod of time on swiss plates, so they opened it up to check out the chassisnumber, that then reported to them to be stolen. So the owner didnt want it anymore, and it was auctioned. I then bought it at that auction. The car had a huge list of problems stated with the sale. I mean HUGE. Everything was shot, bodywork, brakes, engine, cooling, transmission, and the list went on. I knew I wanted the car, so I placed my bid. Not cheap but a fair price for a nice car.

So I took it home, nurtered it and fixed the mandatory items on the list to get it back on the road again. At the time I was already heavily in the Sport Quattro build. So I didnt want to have 2 projects at the same time. That doesnt work for me and the fact I didn't want to put my relationship with the wife in the balance . So we enjoyed the car daily for several years, and I maintained it with the knowledge I would take it apart some day to restore it. It looked like ***** all the time, has 5 different shades of blue on it, bird cr@p eaten the nice non dented areas beyond repair, bumpers cracked, proper dents on all sides, and so on. To say the least; durig it's unlawful ownership it took a (un)proper beating.

However despite of it's looks, the car served us great, never let us down.... ever. Always brought us safe to wherever we wanted. Sweden, italy, Switserland, france, Germany, Denmark, the Ring and the usual trips around our own country. Besides that I more then often abused it's huge boot space. It started life as an avant, so I picked the fruits. It hauled a lot of stuff. Now I need to payback my debts to this great car. It's proven itself, and I will keep my end of the bargain.

So the plan is to make it new again, restore it, and add the + behind RS2. I want to keep the stock look, apart from some nice upgrades that Porsche should have installed, like a roof spoiler, maybe some new shoes (18's porsche split rims me thinks). And perhaps a new turbo from Hoffer. We'll see how far the budget stretches.

What it always lacked was a towbar. I like to move my stuff in style: haul my bike:

or the haul Sport Quattro around:

So thats the towbar for Henkjan not a caravan (for now ). I used a towbar ball from a new A6. Nice lightweight alloy.

There is not much out there in the world that I would trade the RS2 for. Great machinery, and thats how she got where she is.
                  RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                  Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                  High Octane website

Comment

An HP2, very nice and very unusual mate

Funnily enough, I was looking at that towbar and thinking "Oooh, nice, alloy towbar, I need one"

Looking forward to seeing how the resoration goes! I started my quattro today too!
                    Last edited by newsh; 22 January 2012, 21:22.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

always amazed by the quality of ur projects, so looking forward for this one !!
                      S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

great work Jeffry, it deserves this treatment

Comment

I felt sorry for it when I saw it this summer, but I knew she was in good hands.....especially after seeing your sporty! Glad you're getting her back in shape.

Comment

Where paint has met the primer.
                            I took some pictures aerly this morning before i went to the office. Tomorrow it will be back in my hands
                            Attached Files
                            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                            High Octane website

Comment

nice paintjob, reassembling must be fun !
                              5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Working...
                              X