No announcement yet.

V6quattro +600Whp Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started on some maintenance last week to get it out of winter storage soon Cant wait!
    Attached Files
    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• All looking very nice, lovely engine bay too
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• thanks!

On my last trip in October last year I noticed the car was running a bit lean on full power so I inspected the fuel system today. Opened the main fuel filter and all looked good. I also pulled the pre filter from the fuel tank and that was very dirty cleaned it so it should be better now! E85 is some nasty stuff
        Attached Files

Comment

• very well build i must say.. so you say u are on stock head? that means no work has been done to it? no porting of any kind?

Comment

• Do you have some stock fuel hoses or fuel lines still in use? My theory about the black sooth with e85 is that it dissolves rubber surface and dirt from the orginal/old fuel hoses/lines, and it get in the filter and also end up on the injector tips. I got that black sooth on my injector tips soon after I started to use e85, but then never again after cleanup. Also some black dirt in the filters.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
              Do you have some stock fuel hoses or fuel lines still in use? My theory about the black sooth with e85 is that it dissolves rubber surface and dirt from the orginal/old fuel hoses/lines, and it get in the filter and also end up on the injector tips. I got that black sooth on my injector tips soon after I started to use e85, but then never again after cleanup. Also some black dirt in the filters.

Nope running all Teflon lines and aluminum fuel-cell not a original part left in the fuel system. Installed all this 4000km ago and now is the first time i cleaned the filters.

Still have some black stuff at my injectors and on the intakevalves way less than before but still there. Really don't know why

I now have filed the system with patrol to clean the intake valves. I will run one tank and see if they are cleaner.

Comment

• Is your head Stock ? No porting or anything other than valve job?

Is teflon better than normal fuel Lines and kobber pipings?

Comment

• Originally posted by s2dk View Post
                  very well build i must say.. so you say u are on stock head? that means no work has been done to it? no porting of any kind?
                  I now only have port matched the intake with the intake manifold further its stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by s2dk View Post
                    Is your head Stock ? No porting or anything other than valve job?

Is teflon better than normal fuel Lines and kobber pipings?
                    I have a fuelcell in my car and with the rubber braided hoses i had a very strong petrol smell in my car so that was the main reason for my to upgrade to teflon.

Comment

• I have heard that porting the exhuast side should give a lort on these things

Okay super was thinking that teflon was What faster. Or some thing ��

Comment

• How many tanks of fuel ⛽ caused this?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                        _RubĂ­_

Comment

• Originally posted by mushasho! View Post
                          How many tanks of fuel ⛽ caused this?

Dont know the fuel consumption of the car but i think around 700 liter E85.

Comment

• Why rubber fuel lines would have a fuel smell in the car rather than teflon?

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                              Why rubber fuel lines would have a fuel smell in the car rather than teflon?
                              E85 gets absorbed into the rubber and gives off a smell.

_RubĂ­_

Comment

• Ah it's an e85 issue, ok

Comment

Working...
                                X