Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do? Continue S2 Euro look Coupe project or buy RS4 B5 2.7 Bi turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do? Continue S2 Euro look Coupe project or buy RS4 B5 2.7 Bi turbo?

Please tell me your opinions of what you think I should do?

I currently have a Audi Coupe 2.0E (couldn't afford insurance on a S2 10 years ago) that was a project I started about 8 years ago. It has just been put back on the road and has had a lot of subtle body mods and is looking like a nice Euro look S2.
    The problem is!!.... I now need to spend money on a Engine conversion after coilovers, and I am now wondering IF I should just save the money and put it towards a Audi RS4 B5 Bi Turbo!

The Coupe is not a Quattro so IF I was to carry on the project it would be a FWD Turbo basically! So I'm wondering whether I should bite the bullet and go buy the RS4, this would cost me a considerable bit more, but would almost certainly be less hassle!!

For those of you who dont know my Coupe here's a thread http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59324

I like the look of a RS4 like this.. I've not decided on a colour yet IF I do go ahead

Continue Coupe Project?

Buy RS4?
    Continue S2 Euro look Project.
    31.67%
    Bite bullet & buy RS4.
    30.00%
    B*gger it all and go travelling!
    6.67%
    Treat my girlfriend to a boob job :)
    31.67%

ive seen good working RS4`s go for as low as 6200 on ebay!!!!! (car had minor dash display, wheel scuffs and paintwork repairs needed)
    you`d be mad not to buy an RS4 if you love them, but they are propperly expensive to repair when (not if) they go wrong
    cams wear out, etc etc

its a car, every car has their faults.

B5 RS4, sexyest car ever IMO
    B5 RS4 my next car to love 100%
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

no disrespect but you could keep on throwing money at the 2 wheel drive car and it will never be a thoroughbred, no matter what you do. it could look great but it's bloodline will mean its never worth much.
      either take all the bits off and do it to an s2 or get the rs4. your car looks good but don't get drawn into investing too much unless you don't mind never seeing the money again.

Comment

Originally posted by S2TORNADO View Post
        no disrespect but you could keep on throwing money at the 2 wheel drive car and it will never be a thoroughbred, no matter what you do. it could look great but it's bloodline will mean its never worth much.
        either take all the bits off and do it to an s2 or get the rs4. your car looks good but don't get drawn into investing too much unless you don't mind never seeing the money again.
        That's exactly what I am thinking! I have grown attached to the car but I am feeling I would rather go for a thoroughbred!
        Wont be able to afford it for maybe a year so I have lots of time to say goodbye lol

Comment

Originally posted by Louie C View Post
          That's exactly what I am thinking! I have grown attached to the car but I am feeling I would rather go for a thoroughbred!
          Wont be able to afford it for maybe a year so I have lots of time to say goodbye lol

ive seen it happen too many times and been drawn in myself a couple of times. if you're going to stick with a car and plough money in make sure you start with what you want to finish with!!

Comment

Man that RS4 is Gorgeous!

Comment

Car looks a real peach, think for the money and if you can do it yourself drop in a 1.8T. Member on here just did it to his 80 and looks great.

Comment

Lovely car you have

I recently made the tough choice as well. Sold my much loved 2.0E, which I had a 1.8t engine waiting to go into, and bought my S2. The 4WD and the badge swung it for me.

Comment

That RS4 is now lime green

Comment

Man oh man, that sure is one tough decision, I mean we don't have a whole lot to work with here.... You posted a hot picture of an RS4 but, it'd help if you posted a photo of your girlfriends bitties so we can better judge whether the boob job would be money better spent

Comment

love the look of that RS4, surely I wouldn't spend massive amounts on the coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhand View Post
                        Man oh man, that sure is one tough decision, I mean we don't have a whole lot to work with here.... You posted a hot picture of an RS4 but, it'd help if you posted a photo of your girlfriends bitties so we can better judge whether the boob job would be money better spent
                        Hahaha I'm unsure if she'd be up for that! Maybe once they're done in a wet white t-shirt no bra HELLO BOYS! lol

Comment

Buy the RS4 it's gorgeous

Comment

That car would be undrivable on normal roads, looks pretty cool though.. A B5 RS4 will cost you a lot of money, they are much harder to work on than a 5 pot.

In your position I would look for a nice S2 and swap any nice bits from your car onto it. Your car is not a quattro, this is much more the issue than whether its got a turbo or not.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Could go 1.8T but only if you want something different, as it'll not perform like a proper S car. Depends if you want performance to go with the looks...
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                              X