• Show
Clear All

Now waiting results from Santapod
    Also some video from dyno run.
    Audi S4 2.6 20V STROKER kkk26/27

Comment

Maping today on dyno 30 runs in 3h and 520hp on 1.5bar

Comment

awesome! congrats, cant wait to see it! If you have a spare ISv for sale, please bring it tomorrow, I'll buy it off you!!
        1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Some video from today santa pod.Still have some small problems with intake silicones and last run broken rear drive shaft

Comment

are you thinking to upgrade them?

the rear shafts i mean
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Superb video

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                are you thinking to upgrade them?

the rear shafts i mean
                That one was original S2 drive shaft with cv joint from old type85 quattro.I have set of drive shaft from that car so they stronger and will keep some time.But with slick tires I will need get stronger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                  More exactly - the 040 is not sufficient, AFAIK the 044 flows quite a bit more at high boost.
                  A 044 in stock tank with a relay, will support 700 flywheel hp and I am pretty sure OP will not really make more than that.

I have not tested the 040 that much personally. Maximum I've run on one was 450hp.
                  So I run with 040 pump 520 flywheel hp on dyno with 1.5 bar without problem and run in santa pod 1.8bar (that around 600hp) still no problem

Comment

I don't know how much meth you are running or if you are running on race gas, but for pump fuel your numbers are way too optimistic.

These engines make 600nm at about 2 bar on 98 RON. At 1.5 bar it is about 500nm, not 550nm.

You can run 12.6 with a full S6 with only 440hp. This is a car that is not lightened in any way, even has climate control installed. Mods were 3071R/0.63 and 7A cams + injectors + remap.

With a S2, with 450hp you can run 12.2...
                    So your claims of 600hp and so on, are IMO more than a bit optimistic, or you need a lot more practice. Same thing with the fuel pump.

With actual 600hp in S2 coupe you should be running 11.0 or lower. Not trying to have a dig at you - I wish you of course all the best with your project. Just sharing my experience after mapping more than a 100 of these motors.
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

With actual 600hp in S2 coupe you should be running 11.0 or lower.
                      I thought towards the end of the video he did an 11 somthing pass?

Comment

Originally posted by targus View Post
                        I thought towards the end of the video he did an 11 somthing pass?
                        Yes, 11.9, but that is a second off, of what a 600hp S2 should be doing. That is why I am saying the claimed numbers do not quite match up...

Comment

I don't know how much meth you are running or if you are running on race gas, but for pump fuel your numbers are way too optimistic.

These engines make 600nm at about 2 bar on 98 RON. At 1.5 bar it is about 500nm, not 550nm.

You can run 12.6 with a full S6 with only 440hp. This is a car that is not lightened in any way, even has climate control installed. Mods were 3071R/0.63 and 7A cams + injectors + remap.

With a S2, with 450hp you can run 12.2...
                          So your claims of 600hp and so on, are IMO more than a bit optimistic, or you need a lot more practice. Same thing with the fuel pump.

With actual 600hp in S2 coupe you should be running 11.0 or lower. Not trying to have a dig at you - I wish you of course all the best with your project. Just sharing my experience after mapping more than a 100 of these motors.
                          Methanol is not connected jet,I run on shell v-power.Every run I had some problems that day.If you look at video you can see my run alone 11.86s with 104mph because on 300 meters my silicon pipe came of and lost power just rolling 100 meters.Another run with golf6 I mist 2 gear and still done 11.85 with 125mph.My tires is really bed for this power, 60ft time around 2s.Next season I will go on better tires, so with better 60ft it's will be 10s am sure.Yes I need more practise on this power car, it was first time after full maped .You know I done 12.69s on k24 turbo with broken cv joint .

Comment

Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
                            You know I done 12.69s on k24 turbo with broken cv joint .
                            This just means your car is stripped inside, and shows that your current setup is nowhere near 600hp.
                            If you run on V-Power without meth then you are not making anywhere close to 550+nm at 1.5 bar...
                            And you are also not making 600hp at 1.8 bar, unless you rev the engine to 8k or more.

Your BMEP is not going to be magically 1.5x better than every I5 i've mapped so far.
                            1.5 bar to redline (7000 RPM) = 390-440 hp.
                            1.8 bar to redline (7000 RPM) = 460-500 hp.

For 600hp you need 2.4 taper 2.2 bar and rev to 7.5k with that boost if you are using 7A cams. With catcams it is easier...

Anyway, good luck next season. It is weird that you are breaking so many things though. Maybe you do not have enough wheelspin off the line and the car bogs?
                            With better tires you will break things even easier...
                            Last edited by prj; 20 October 2012, 20:19.

Comment

This just means your car is stripped inside, and shows that your current setup is nowhere near 600hp.
                              If you run on V-Power without meth then you are not making anywhere close to 550+nm at 1.5 bar...
                              And you are also not making 600hp at 1.8 bar, unless you rev the engine to 8k or more.

Your BMEP is not going to be magically 1.5x better than every I5 i've mapped so far.
                              1.5 bar to redline (7000 RPM) = 390-440 hp.
                              1.8 bar to redline (7000 RPM) = 460-500 hp.

This is with 1.5 bar and only 6800rpm
                              and now 1.8bar till 7500rpm so around 600hp
                              You tuned around 100 cars I tune one and is better
                              I now you are very clever gay,but very arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
                                This is with 1.5 bar and only 6800rpm
                                and now 1.8bar till 7500rpm so around 600hp
                                You tuned around 100 cars I tune one and is better
                                I now you are very clever gay,but very arrogant
                                If you did not get my hint, I think that dyno is not showing correct figures.
                                It's about 25% out.

But you believe what you want to believe. When you run 10.X you have 600hp, but writing in your thread a million excuses about every run and saying you have crazy high power figures, when the best you have is high 11 time is quite funny.

Of course, you are the best tuner in the world, and can get 600hp with 1.8 bar of boost on 7A cams and pump fuel when the rest of the world only sees 500hp with exactly the same setup...
                                Go have a run on MRC's dyno.

Comment

Working...
                                X