Biturbo's Audi S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
    Don't use lighter hydraulic lifters, they crush easily. Go solid lifter route if you want less weight.

BTW, really nice project and good results.

PS. Stock pistons hold for about 800hp.
    Thanks for advise,I didn't now that lighter hydraulic lifters crush easily.Then will go for solid ones

Comment

Good to see your car today mate, you have put a lot of work into it. I am sure you will get some quick times next year
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

if you go solid lifter you will also need cams to match

Comment

Originally posted by will20v View Post
          if you go solid lifter you will also need cams to match
          not allways, we are using 7a cams with solid lifters in our s4, it just takes some time to adjust them correct.

Comment

as far as i know if you use solid lifters on hydraulic cams it will wear the cams ?

Comment

as far as i know if you use solid lifters on hydraulic cams it will wear the cams ?
              don't know that thing, will check it when I'll measure gaps between cam and lifters, we have ran that car for one race season with these lifters.

Comment

so the damage could already be done

Comment

so the damage could already be done
                  I don't think there will be any damage at all in couple of thousand kilometers, we have few audi running 10s with that setup, third season, no problems as I know.

Comment

not sure how relavent your 1/4 mile time is to camshaft wear but anyhow im sure its fine if all your cars are fine. 2000km is about 1500miles or near . i like my engines to last at lot longer thats why i mentioned it so people driving road cars wouldnt have ant issues.

Comment

not sure how relavent your 1/4 mile time is to camshaft wear but anyhow im sure its fine if all your cars are fine. 2000km is about 1500miles or near . i like my engines to last at lot longer thats why i mentioned it so people driving road cars wouldnt have ant issues.
                      1/4 time means it had hard springs, 8000+ rpm, I agree, in day car it can have some issues after long mileage.

Comment

but remember, cams for solid lifters have a steeper rampup than hydo... so they have faster open and close time... ... I would assume real problems will occur if doing it vice versa... but only my 5cent
                        [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Solid lifters with hydraulic cams, can work without any problem just, you loose 0,15-0,2mm of valve lift and some grad. That's all. Also after some millage you must change shims.
                          Audi S4 2.6 20V STROKER kkk26/27

Comment

7a cams are 212deg so not much good for high revs anyhoo

Comment

Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                              but remember, cams for solid lifters have a steeper rampup than hydo... so they have faster open and close time... ... I would assume real problems will occur if doing it vice versa... but only my 5cent
                              what I would say was...(sorry for my bad english) Problems using solid cams with hydraulic lifters (vice versa) and no or minor problems with hydraulic cams and solid lifers... but true you loose lift compared to solid cam/solid lifters when doing this...
                              [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

7a cams are 212deg so not much good for high revs anyhoo
                                For 99,9% of forum members there something else then 7A cams that will hold back power at higher revs

Comment

Working...
                                X